PDA

View Full Version : How to correctly fold and use a Microfiber Towel

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Eldorado2k
01-02-2018, 08:23 AM
Maybe it is a fact of life. Or my paint is not as slick as the cars worked on by Mike P :)

Anyhow, after applying the pinnacle spray wax to the whole car, i did a final wipe with the same type of towel. Lo and behold, issue is gone. Towel glides effortlessly.

It’s funny you mention that... I have some of that spray wax, I haven’t used it in a long time but if I remember correctly it does tend to be a bit on the grabby side. Which might explain what you’re going through.

AKT
01-02-2018, 08:25 AM
It’s funny you mention that... I have some of that spray wax, I haven’t used it in a long time but if I remember correctly it does tend to be a bit on the grabby side. Which might explain what you’re going through.

I just used it today for the 2nd time since i got it. I usually keep with OCW. And yes, both usage i noticed it is a little grabby. But very slick once dried/buffed

Mike Phillips
01-02-2018, 08:28 AM
I've noticed when I have a MF folded 4-ways sometimes I experience the top half of the towel trying to "pass" the bottom half during a wipe.

Essentially it's like the towel is trying to unfold while wiping.

Is there any way to minimize this or is this just something that happens and you need to be attentive to it?

To your question - "yes" there is a "way" or technique.

I just had this problem an hour ago when using pinnacle spray wax.

Any advice for me?

Yes. There is a technique that not only solves this issue but solves a number of issues. I shared this technique on our TV show numerous times. I teach it in all my classes.

It may be then video we made called "Exterior Detailing".

I'm off today but will find it and/or show it tomorrow.

:)

AKT
01-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Is this it?

https://youtu.be/ulWXODgg8V4

AKT
01-02-2018, 10:35 AM
I did the “sandwich the edge between thumb and index finger” technique earlier. Towel was still grabby.. hmm [emoji30]

Mike Phillips
11-13-2018, 01:22 PM
Good news!

Pictures are back!

Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

Mike Phillips
11-13-2018, 01:37 PM
just looked at the "views" this thread has accumulated since it was originally posted on,

09-30-2010, 02:34 PM

You can just call it 40,000 views.

Sometimes the simplest things get all the attention.

:)

WristyManchego
11-13-2018, 03:03 PM
38,000 of those is to see if you’re trolling bro.

Mike Phillips
11-14-2018, 09:03 AM
38,000 of those is to see if you’re trolling bro.

Ha ha.... Actually, if you look at the view count for any article I've written over the last 9+ years the view count is always high. Google leads thousands of people searching for how-to information to this forum.

:props:

JustJesus
11-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Good news!

Pictures are back!

Excellent news!!