PDA

View Full Version : Chossing between OPC and Meg APC

drivemax
09-30-2010, 03:20 AM
Hi,

Any good advise between this 2 item? Planning to get some APC to pamper my car.

Is it worth to get Optimum Power Clean as it is double of the price of Meg APC?

Is it Meg APC are save for exterior usage to clean tar and road grime??

Thank you

Br

Tom Weed
09-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi,

Any good advise between this 2 item? Planning to get some APC to pamper my car.

Is it worth to get Optimum Power Clean as it is double of the price of Meg APC?

Is it Meg APC are save for exterior usage to clean tar and road grime??

Thank you

Br

I have both, actually OPC is more than double of you consider you are supposed to dilute APC+ 10:1 for medium strength and 4:1 heavy strength where at OPC is 3:1 for interior and painted surfaces and straight for heavy grime. Now, having said that, IMO Power Clean at 3:1 definitely has more cleaning power than APC+ at 4:1. I save the Power Clean for really dirty applications and use APC+ for my normal interior cleaning, carpets and upholstery.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-30-2010, 09:19 AM
I tried APC+ first, then OPC. I've been using OPC since and have never looked back. APC+ is never recommended to be used un-diluted, while you can safely use OPC un-diluted, even on paint! OPC has better cleaning ability, IMO. If price is an issue, go with APC+, but OPC is better overall.

drivemax
09-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks guyz for replying this tread..

Actually did make some calculation like buying a lot of dedicated cleaner vs Meg APC or OPC...

And overall winner is OPC due it is clearcoat save and strong enough to degrease the engine bay...

Always have a headache when buying a lot of cleaner but i seldom use..like engine degreaser interior cleaner and exterior cleaner ..All plus minus will hv the same value as OPC..

Due to natural Meg APC are not 100% recommended for exterior or paint usage which make me hard to make decision...

Doing weekly wash my car...but not everytime are doing engine bay but mostly the exterior paint due daily drive car...TAR is my car woast enemy...

BR

drivemax
09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Any other good APC as all rounder recommended is welcome also ..

Duragloss?

Thanks again

Kurt_s
09-30-2010, 01:12 PM
I have both, actually OPC is more than double of you consider you are supposed to dilute APC+ 10:1 for medium strength and 4:1 heavy strength where at OPC is 3:1 for interior and painted surfaces and straight for heavy grime. Now, having said that, IMO Power Clean at 3:1 definitely has more cleaning power than APC+ at 4:1. I save the Power Clean for really dirty applications and use APC+ for my normal interior cleaning, carpets and upholstery.
:iagree:

Cliffnopus
09-30-2010, 04:02 PM
:iagree: as well.

Cliff

svs
09-30-2010, 05:16 PM
I tried APC+ first, then OPC. I've been using OPC since and have never looked back. APC+ is never recommended to be used un-diluted, while you can safely use OPC un-diluted, even on paint! OPC has better cleaning ability, IMO. If price is an issue, go with APC+, but OPC is better overall.

+1

Emile
09-30-2010, 06:47 PM
OPC offers more versatility as it can additionally be used to clean all exterior surfaces (including paint, glass, trim, wheels, etc.)

Based on price and dilution ratios, APC offers more bang for the buck but OPC may save you money overall as it eliminates the need to have multiple cleaners and products on your shelf.

Munich77
09-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I love OPC - works great as a wheel cleaner for me.

shadowstep
10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
I love OPC - works great as a wheel cleaner for me.

:iagree: I have no experience with any other brands but OPC was great on a few month old brake dusts on my wheels. (I recently picked up detailing as hobby so my car was really really dirty :buffing:)

lee1dew
10-01-2010, 12:19 PM
OPC works great for me on wheels, interior (including leather), the shower, bathroom sinks, kitchen appliances, etc. :)