PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang SG on top of Klasse HSG

Pages : [1] 2

benzer77
09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and also new to detailing, I have questions concerning detailing options, can I do the following steps to detail my car to have a strong protection for our next snowy winter?

1- wash and dry
2- clay "if needed"
3- polish with WG polish
4- polish and seal with Klasse AIO
5- Seal with Klasse SG
6- Seal with WG SG
7- Wax with Pinnacle Signature SII

Please reply with your advise and recommendations.

Thank you for having me on this forum.

Dubbin1
09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Just pick one sealant then toss your favorite wax on top of it. By WG SG I'm guessing you're talking about Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)?

Kurt_s
09-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forum and post #1

+1 on picking one sealant then layering a wax, as the WG SG is probably not necessary.

Depending on the condition of the paint, your polishing step may vary. Are you applying polish manually or with a machine? What's the make and color of your vehicle?

Have fun!

benzer77
09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Just pick one sealant then toss your favorite wax on top of it. By WG SG I'm guessing you're talking about Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)?

Yup, it's Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. Can I top it over Klasse all in one?

benzer77
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the forum and post #1

+1 on picking one sealant then layering a wax, as the WG SG is probably not necessary.

Depending on the condition of the paint, your polishing step may vary. Are you applying polish manually or with a machine? What's the make and color of your vehicle?

Have fun!

Thank you. I am applying Manually, my car is 2010 C class, Palladium Silver.

Kurt_s
09-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Thank you. I am applying Manually, my car is 2010 C class, Palladium Silver.
Very nice car. My wife's girlfriend has the 09 C-class in charcoal grey.

You definately don't need to put the WG DGPS over the Klasse sealant. The two Klasse products work synergistically with each other and should last.

The Sig II is supposed to be nice with white and silver, however I'm not sure if Sig II will last through the winter. I live in SoCal so we don't see snow here (I escaped many years ago). Collinite seems to be a favorite wax for winterizing.

Since it is a new car, hopefully all you will need is a fine clay bar, a good lube and the AIO should take care of the polishing step unless you have moderate swirls to remove.

Good luck!

Silverstone
09-30-2010, 05:42 AM
For winter I do 3 coats of Klasse SG over an AIO cleaning step, which gives a nice shiny durable coating to the paint but not that much depth. Then I top it with WGDGPS which gives a deep shine like a carnuba but longer lasting. All together I get a great glossy shine and protection that easily beads till spring.

mgerencs
09-30-2010, 08:02 AM
I've gone through 2 winters with a garage kept dd using WGDGPS topped with SSII or Fuzion. No problems

Alffa164
10-24-2010, 11:54 PM
For winter I do 3 coats of Klasse SG over an AIO cleaning step, which gives a nice shiny durable coating to the paint but not that much depth. Then I top it with WGDGPS which gives a deep shine like a carnuba but longer lasting. All together I get a great glossy shine and protection that easily beads till spring.

Haaaa... i just put today the third coat of Klasse on my MBenz C240 Sport Silver and i was also wondering if this Wolfgang Sealant would improve anything??? The gloss i already achieved is stunning, my MB never was this glowing, but if i can still take it one step higher then i will try what it takes.

I havent still applied wax, i have a jar of 3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax waiting to do its best.

Will it be worth to put on some coats of Wolfgang sealant before applying the wax?

Thanks

Dubbin1
10-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Haaaa... i just put today the third coat of Klasse on my MBenz C240 Sport Silver and i was also wondering if this Wolfgang Sealant would improve anything??? The gloss i already achieved is stunning, my MB never was this glowing, but if i can still take it one step higher then i will try what it takes.

I havent still applied wax, i have a jar of 3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax waiting to do its best.

Will it be worth to put on some coats of Wolfgang sealant before applying the wax?

Thanks

I doubt very much that it will make a difference.

Mike Phillips
10-25-2010, 08:35 AM
I doubt very much that it will make a difference.

There does come a point when you hit a wall, that is when you've take your car's finish to its maximum potential...

After that it's time to step back and admire the results...

:)

Alffa164
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Ok, got the idea.. thanks! Besides, i already love my finish and truly dont think i can make it shinier.

Silverstone
10-26-2010, 04:01 AM
The KSG is really nice but as some people call it it's kind of a "candy coat" look. The WGDG gave more depth. Kind of a nuba look that the KSG doesn't have. I'm not really that picky, I'm pretty new to this detailing stuff, and my car is only a medium gray metallic so there's no black or red to play with - but I definitely saw quite a noticeable improvement after adding the WG. Not right after though. It seems that the WG needs to cure a little to really sparkle. I wasn't impressed when I finished but when I came back later I was rather shocked to see a deep gloss, just like it says.

KSG gives you very sharp reflections with well defined edges, but a thin looking coat, where the WG blurs the edges a bit, but catches more light like a natural wax for that "jetting" effect.

Then the fun part is that as the WG washes away over time you see the reflections getting sharper and sharper again as the KSG gets exposed. It's fun. LOL

Kurt_s
10-26-2010, 12:26 PM
The KSG is really nice but as some people call it it's kind of a "candy coat" look. The WGDG gave more depth. Kind of a nuba look that the KSG doesn't have. I'm not really that picky, I'm pretty new to this detailing stuff, and my car is only a medium gray metallic so there's no black or red to play with - but I definitely saw quite a noticeable improvement after adding the WG. Not right after though. It seems that the WG needs to cure a little to really sparkle. I wasn't impressed when I finished but when I came back later I was rather shocked to see a deep gloss, just like it says.

KSG gives you very sharp reflections with well defined edges, but a thin looking coat, where the WG blurs the edges a bit, but catches more light like a natural wax for that "jetting" effect.

Then the fun part is that as the WG washes away over time you see the reflections getting sharper and sharper again as the KSG gets exposed. It's fun. LOL

Glad to hear that you liked the combination and changes. Many sealants like WGDGS cure overnight with increasing gloss and slickness. I was quite amazed how much slicker OIDE (Optimum's QD) became overnight as well.

I went down the road with WGDGS for the nuba look vs a candy coated look. The sealant also seems to keep the car looking clean longer between bubble baths than using a carnauba wax.

Wouldn't it be boring if we all only liked the same thing.

Silverstone
10-27-2010, 03:26 AM
Glad to hear that you liked the combination and changes. Many sealants like WGDGS cure overnight with increasing gloss and slickness. I was quite amazed how much slicker OIDE (Optimum's QD) became overnight as well.

I went down the road with WGDGS for the nuba look vs a candy coated look. The sealant also seems to keep the car looking clean longer between bubble baths than using a carnauba wax.

Wouldn't it be boring if we all only liked the same thing.

About the cleaner longer thing: I posted in another thread recently that I go fishing often (saltwater) and the salt air breeze blowing over the car all day always left a gritty coating of salt on the car by the time I got home. I used about 2 different waxes and 2 sealants and it was always the same. But I noticed right away that with WGDGPS the salt simply didn't stick. Same parking spot (about 30 feet from the water), same air, but no salt residue at the end of the day. Which I guess makes sense since the surface is so much more slippery to the touch, and I believe there is some kind of electrical charge built into this sealant too that repels dirt.
Even water from the hose seems to want to jump off the paint when you spray the sides of the car. My neighbor was standing there one day and saw that right away. He was amazed. :)