PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Bug Report

Porsche Pilot
09-29-2010, 07:25 AM
I am headed from Florida to New Hampshire on Friday and was looking for a bug report for the eastern seaboard, I-95 corridor. I am driving our new Panamera on it's first long trip. The love bugs in Florida wont be bad since I am leaving from North Florida. So, all you Geekers along my route point out the trouble spots for bugs! I will bring along some waterless wash and microfibers but if the bugs are bad in GA, SC, NC, VA, NJ, NY, etc I will toss a water barrel in the trunk for full washings along the way.

ScottB
09-29-2010, 07:43 AM
keep a small spray bottle of Poorboys Bugsquash ... I believe in North Florida we now are seeing some luv-bug activity.

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Sounds like a job for blue tape. There have also been a few products over the years that form a temporary spray-on coating, that will wash off later, I can't seem to find any here at AG though.

EDIT: Duplicolor Shield is a temporary spray-on bra, that's the most recent one I had heard about.

Meghan
09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Went to Orlando last weekend and my car was covered in love bugs. They were so bad the covered the doors at the hotel. Good luck with your travels, remember to bring extra windshield wash.

PerroneFord
09-29-2010, 09:58 AM
keep a small spray bottle of Poorboys Bugsquash ... I believe in North Florida we now are seeing some luv-bug activity.

I can confirm the love bugs in N.FL. I can also confirm that Bug Squash lives up to it's reputation for dealing with them. :)

Porsche Pilot
09-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I will definitely get some Bug Squash. I haven't let the wife use the Panamera for weeks now because of the love bugs. The car has never been rained on yet either...can you tell I am paranoid about it? I didn't know if other states had similiar hideous creatures like we do here in Florida.

Dubbin1
09-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Slight chance of bugs during the day with an increasing amount throughout the night.

evilwrx
09-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Does the Panamera float??? After all the rain in eastern SC and NC, it might have to. The area around Fayetteville, NC has received almost 15" since Sunday and there will be a whole lot more tonight and tomorrow!!

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Maybe the rain will wash the bugs off...I still vote for blue tape, will help with rock chips, too. OP, do you have a clear bra/PPF?

314wolf
09-29-2010, 03:37 PM
If you travel through Pa. watch out for the Stinkbugs. They're really bad this year!

Porsche Pilot
09-29-2010, 06:16 PM
I do have the clear bra installed. Stinkbugs?!! My god!

Shoe_08057
09-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Stinkbugs are brutal in Jersey, too! Not to mention mosquitoes, moths and the occasional Canadian Goose.............

S2K
09-29-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm about a mile from 95 near Savannah and have only seen a few love bugs so far this fall. I don't think many will be flying around in all the rain on the east coast, You should be traveling with Nicole so you will be plenty wet.