PDA

View Full Version : Autogeek Packaging-A Plus

Pages : [1] 2

williepee
09-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Just received my first AG order (Griots Orbital Kit, 6-pack CCS pads, brush) and I'm glad they go the extra mile with the packaging of their products. I opened the box and had to remove over 2 grocery store bags worth of packing peanuts.

Can't wait for my next order to come in next Monday, I hope my freebie SSR 2.5 made it's way inside the box :dblthumb2:

THANK YOU AG!

I will try to post pictures of my polishing job of my Lexus GS300, we'll see if I remember.

jd56
09-28-2010, 11:13 PM
I know what you meen I recived my order today, and it was pakaged perfectly. Now I wish it would stop raining, lol.

POPPAJ
09-29-2010, 05:40 AM
I'm sure you noticed the amount of static held by the packing peanuts. Apparently Florida state law,STS(ship that static) requires that all on line stores that ship any products are required to use "static infused" peanuts as the static creates havoc with the many pacemakers, heart monitors, etc. used by the growing population of elderly in the state . Using a process not unlike that used in Ghostbusters, static is collected throughout the state and injected into the peanuts that have to be used for any out of state shipments.

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2010, 07:18 AM
I'm sure you noticed the amount of static held by the packing peanuts. Apparently Florida state law,STS(ship that static) requires that all on line stores that ship any products are required to use "static infused" peanuts as the static creates havoc with the many pacemakers, heart monitors, etc. used by the growing population of elderly in the state . Using a process not unlike that used in Ghostbusters, static is collected throughout the state and injected into the peanuts that have to be used for any out of state shipments.

LOL! I too wish they would use the anti-static ones. I love the magic trick when, after you've thrown a few handfuls in the trash, they start jumping out after you throw them in...and then stick to your hands...then you have to go looking for a water pipe to discharge to...

Meghan
09-29-2010, 07:29 AM
We have added a few paper packing machines to our packing station line up due to customer request. So if you are not a fan of the peanuts you can request paper packaging. We try to cover all bases for all customer requests.

tommythecat
09-29-2010, 07:33 AM
We have added a few paper packing machines to our packing station line up due to customer request. So if you are not a fan of the peanuts you can request paper packaging. We try to cover all bases for all customer requests.

Awesome...good to know. Just put "paper packaging" in the comment section of the order form?

ScottB
09-29-2010, 07:42 AM
my wife loves the peanuts as they can be reused for packages she ships to the family.

dougaross
09-29-2010, 07:49 AM
my wife loves the peanuts as they can be reused for packages she ships to the family.

Those peanuts are a real pain. I glad there is an option to avoid them.

CLipster
09-29-2010, 07:59 AM
I can't wait to place my first order. I am really excited about what I hear about AG!!!

Shoe_08057
09-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Didn't realize this was an option, however, my shipment was packed spot-on with paper. UPS did it's best to destroy the contents, the only damage was a really small measuring cup thingy that I would've lost in no time flat anyway. Excellent packing!!

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2010, 08:22 AM

I'd vote for the anti-static or corn starch peanuts. The corn starch seem to be the least staticy and it's always fun to dissolve a few if you're bored.

Meghan
09-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Awesome...good to know. Just put "paper packaging" in the comment section of the order form?

Yes just put a note in the comments box at checkout- Please Pack with Paper

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Yes just put a note in the comments box at checkout- Please Pack with Paper

Thanks Meghan, it really is exemplary of your company to offer an option for that--I really don't think I've ever heard of any other place in any industry offering different cushioning options.

Meghan
09-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks Meghan, it really is exemplary of your company to offer an option for that--I really don't think I've ever heard of any other place in any industry offering different cushioning options.

Thank you but we are just providing a service that has been requested by our customers.
We have been researching the safest way to pack chemicals with paper, peanuts have always gotten the chemicals there undamaged. So after a lot of research and trying out a few different systems we have gotten in some equipment that we feel is doing the best job to safely pack your packages. So we now have different packing stations based on customers needs. Here is one of our paper stations that we have brought in for our paper customers.

What a lot of people don't realize is when you use paper you have to have a couple different kinds for just one shipment.
So here you see one of our filler papers...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/690/Paper1.JPG

And here is one of our cushion packing systems.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/690/Paper2.JPG

But as always at the Autogeek we are constantly researching and trying out better ways to serve you, our customer in the best manner we can. This shows you, your feedback definitely matters to us and helps us to make this company the best car care company we can be, so thank you.

BobbyG
09-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I opened the box and had to remove over 2 grocery store bags worth of packing peanuts.

Why did you order packing peanuts?? :laughing:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.....

Autogeek's packing and packaging is the best I've seen. :props: