PDA

View Full Version : Got an idea to make a great product better?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Old Tiger
09-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Here is mine. The Daytona Speedmaster Brushes are so close to perfect! However the handle gets slippery when wet. They need some sort of sure grip handle IME. What's your idea for any product?

HighEndDetail
09-28-2010, 06:23 PM
How about just plain wood handle, rather then it being painted. I think the paint makes it slippery.

Impressions
09-28-2010, 06:48 PM
How about lose the handle and make the stem longer with a wraped loop to hold onto

The problem is at the base of the handle the wire wrap underneath the sheathing tends to bend during every day multiple uses and breaks off eventually, leaving you with a useable stump that no longer protects your fingers from hitting the wheel....ouch

TroyScherer
09-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Wrap the handle in Athletic tape. It has always made a great grip on my baseball bats.

cadd
09-28-2010, 07:46 PM
I completely agree..the handle is way to slippery. Mabye put a rubber textured rubber handle

Old Tiger
09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
How about lose the handle and make the stem longer with a wraped loop to hold onto

The problem is at the base of the handle the wire wrap underneath the sheathing tends to bend during every day multiple uses and breaks off eventually, leaving you with a useable stump that no longer protects your fingers from hitting the wheel....ouch
Very good idea!

Old Tiger
09-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Good patch. I may resort to it!

Old Tiger
09-28-2010, 08:06 PM
I completely agree..the handle is way to slippery. Mabye put a rubber textured rubber handle
And a sleeve to retrofit our originals would be nice too!

Old Tiger
09-28-2010, 08:07 PM
How about just plain wood handle, rather then it being painted. I think the paint makes it slippery.
This would be better than what it is now!

Old Tiger
09-28-2010, 08:19 PM
We dont need to limit this to Daytona. For example AG should put a better handle on their buckets. PailPal has a very nice foam handle.

Shane731
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Meguiar's really needs to put new sprayers on Ultimate Quik Detailer and Ultimate Quik Wax. The ones on there now fail way too quickly and easily. I'd like to see them go from these sprayers:

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/G17516_UltimateQuikWax.jpg
to these sprayers:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcsstore/CVWEB/staticproductimage//N3460/full/7050035_mgr_g13616_pri_detl.jpg

I took the sprayer off my old bottle of M135 (same type of sprayer as QID) and put it on my bottle of UQW. Works so much better. :xyxthumbs:

Old Tiger
09-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Meguiar's really needs to put new sprayers on Ultimate Quik Detailer and Ultimate Quik Wax. The ones on there now fail way too quickly and easily. I'd like to see them go from these sprayers:

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/G17516_UltimateQuikWax.jpg
to these sprayers:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcsstore/CVWEB/staticproductimage//N3460/full/7050035_mgr_g13616_pri_detl.jpg

I took the sprayer off my old bottle of M135 (same type of sprayer as QID) and put it on my bottle of UQW. Works so much better. :xyxthumbs:
Excellent idea!

mikep288
09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
And a sleeve to retrofit our originals would be nice too!

Don't know if you've ever come across this stuff before, but Plastidip sounds like it should do the trick. Taken from their webpage: "Plasti Dip is a multi-purpose air dry, synthetic rubber coating that can be easily applied by spraying, brushing or dipping. Plasti Dip protective coating products resist moisture, acids, abrasion, corrosion, skidding/slipping, and provides a comfortable, controlled grip. It remains flexible, stretchy and will not become brittle or crack in extreme weather conditions; -30°F to 200°F."

I have used this stuff for years for everything from recoating the handles on old hand tools to repairing a set of jumper cables. The nice thing is that it is also available @ most hardware stores.

CEE DOG
09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
I would like to see Ultima provide "pop off spritz cap" with a closure beneath for all 3 of the offered sealants. This way I could remove the sprtiz trigger when not in use and still close the bottle tight.

I agree with your Daytona idea. Some kind of rubberized grip

Old Tiger
09-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Don't know if you've ever come across this stuff before, but Plastidip sounds like it should do the trick. Taken from their webpage: "Plasti Dip is a multi-purpose air dry, synthetic rubber coating that can be easily applied by spraying, brushing or dipping. Plasti Dip protective coating products resist moisture, acids, abrasion, corrosion, skidding/slipping, and provides a comfortable, controlled grip. It remains flexible, stretchy and will not become brittle or crack in extreme weather conditions; -30°F to 200°F."

I have used this stuff for years for everything from recoating the handles on old hand tools to repairing a set of jumper cables. The nice thing is that it is also available @ most hardware stores.
Awesome! I will have big fun with this stuff! does Ace carry it?