PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have their own line of products?

AndrewBall
09-28-2010, 10:09 AM
I was just curious if any of the detailers here have their own line of products. I keep coming across these little one off brands at local shops. I use this one persons products and really like them. Sad thing is, this person no longer is providing these products. So the supply i have will shortly be gone. (well maybe not i have a 55 gallon drum of APC) but anyway.

Anyone else here have their own line of products?

How did you get started doing so?

its just an interesting process to me, did someone give you these products and just let you brand them? or did you work with someone to produce the compounds and make changes?

Setec Astronomy
09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
I can see this thread going downhill fast, but there are certainly companies that do what is called "private labeling", that is, they package and label a standard product of theirs and put whatever you want on the label, with the option to tweak certain things. There of course is a minimum order to do this. Kind of like if you buy a can of store peas at A&P, they didn't go out and start their own pea farm and canning operation, they approached someone else's pea farm and had them put "America's Choice" (or whatever the A&P brand is) on the can.

AndrewBall
09-28-2010, 01:00 PM
I can see this thread going downhill fast, but there are certainly companies that do what is called "private labeling", that is, they package and label a standard product of theirs and put whatever you want on the label, with the option to tweak certain things. There of course is a minimum order to do this. Kind of like if you buy a can of store peas at A&P, they didn't go out and start their own pea farm and canning operation, they approached someone else's pea farm and had them put "America's Choice" (or whatever the A&P brand is) on the can.

why would it go down hill?

ScottB
09-28-2010, 05:57 PM
I think most detailers would purchase bulk supplies at best pricing to get the most value out of each detail. I think carrying there own line can be quite expensive and not sure that the cost is easily recouped.

Showroom Shine
09-29-2010, 07:11 AM
I think most detailers would purchase bulk supplies at best pricing to get the most value out of each detail. I think carrying there own line can be quite expensive and not sure that the cost is easily recouped.
Thanks Killr, :iagree:
I have inquired about sellling and relabeling anothers products. It's way to expensive. If you are thinking about making your own products. You get into the MSDS stuff. (material safety data sheets). In otherwords what to do if the product is ingested,contacts skin, gets in eyes, etc. Serious stuff. I'll buy my products from suppliers and AG!

ScottB
09-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Thanks Killr, :iagree:
I have inquired about sellling and relabeling anothers products. It's way to expensive. If you are thinking about making your own products. You get into the MSDS stuff. (material safety data sheets). In otherwords what to do if the product is ingested,contacts skin, gets in eyes, etc. Serious stuff. I'll buy my products from suppliers and AG!

I think you bring up a valid point ... liability.