PDA

View Full Version : Product dusting

SATracker
09-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Well this is awkward; confession time.

I used Mother's Liquid Carnauba tonight with a PC and found it dusting. I've never had that happen before so I looked at the pad very closely and discovered it wasn't the product that was dusting, it was old product on the pad. I thought I had cleaned it adequately after I used it last time and, apparently, didn't. So, for some of the guys noticing that they have products dusting, it could be an incorrectly cleaned pad. Hopefully I won't be banned for my goof-up!?!?

LegacyGT
09-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Some products can be very difficult to get out of pads, I have a lot of trouble with WGDGPS, it takes quite a bit of time with dawn and hot water to get it all out.

I like mothers liquid carnuba, the mothers 3 step process is what got me started with the detailing bug.

Rsurfer
09-27-2010, 08:29 PM

I used Mother's Liquid Carnauba tonight with a PC and found it dusting. I've never had that happen before so I looked at the pad very closely and discovered it wasn't the product that was dusting, it was old product on the pad. I thought I had cleaned it adequately after I used it last time and, apparently, didn't. So, for some of the guys noticing that they have products dusting, it could be an incorrectly cleaned pad. Hopefully I won't be banned for my goof-up!?!?
They should ban you for using a dirty pad. J/JIm the MAN

rwright
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM

This is why I use pads once then throw them away.

jcarson112
09-28-2010, 02:10 AM

This is why I need to know your address so that I can rummage through your garbage ;)

rohnramirez
09-28-2010, 03:08 AM
hahaha...hey hey hey i thought of it first. ;)

A4 1.8tqm
09-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Often I've found the best way to get pads clean is to wash them, dry, then when the remaining wax/sealant in the pad dusts as you described, wash it again. They usually come out perfect the seconds time, plus I didn't have to spend extra time scrubbing and squeezing etc. trying to get it all out the first time. :xyxthumbs:

AndrewBall
09-28-2010, 08:56 AM

why wouldn't you just clean them? with the proper cleaning and drying there is absolutely no reason not to re-use a pad unless it has contaminantes in it that you cant get out.

Mike Phillips
09-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Some products can be very difficult to get out of pads, I have a lot of trouble with WGDGPS, it takes quite a bit of time with dawn and hot water to get it all out.

Just to comment...

The nature of a wax or paint sealant is to be water and soap resistant, that way it will last a long time on your daily driver.

Anytime you find a product that is really difficult to wash out of a pad... that's actually a good sign... from the point of view of waxes and paint sealants that last a long time is a good thing... which for most people it is...

:)