PDA

View Full Version : Ah, feels good to help a lost sheep....

Grimm
11-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Well my wife's brother is over this weekend hanging out with us. It's so nice today so I was out to wash the windows on the house (I even used some Collinite 845 on a few). I told him it was really nice and he could wash his car if he wanted to. He comes from a family that could care less about keeping anything nice (still breaking my wife of that mind set) especially cars. So he has a 2004 Hondai Tiburon, a real nice dark blue. He decided to wash it, and even had some sort of Eagle One spray soap or something. I didn't want to pressure him so I just told him to feel free to use whatever is in the cabinet, and here and there pointed out a few things to use. He admitted that the last time he washed his car was the last time he spent the weekend at our house. I think it was in the spring (yikes!). So anyway he got the car all cleaned up nice. It's far from perfect as it really needed a claying but he said he doesn't want to get that anal. But I did get a coat of 845 on it to get him through the winter. He said he wants to take better care of it, so hopefully I can get him hooked. :D

sparkie
11-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Hopefully you can get him hook. Show him a full detail if it not to cold, maybe he will start having pride in he's ride.

Truls
11-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Sounds like my mother and father.

My father brags about having a sponge the same amount of years that he have the car (guess what he gets for christmas? A WASHING MIT). And my Mother means that its no point in washing the car, its going to be dirty again in a week or so (but she does enjoy it when i wash and detail it) And they both keeps buying black cars...........

ryandamartini
11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
yeah once your hooked, thats it for real. The pride you begin to take in your car really is a nice feeling. Clean it up for him for a bday present and I bet you that will convert him! D

AL417
11-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Your brother-in-law sounds like my neighbor. He saw me working on my truck over the weekend and yelled across the street "yeah, I was my car 4 times a year weather it needs it or not". My response was "uhg!!" with a big smile.

joe.p
11-28-2006, 06:23 PM
if it dosen't rain my neighbors car dosen't get washed..beleive me he is not joking around..