PDA

View Full Version : Black 370z recommendation needed

cincibcat9
09-26-2010, 12:44 PM
My buddy just got a black 370z. He was looking for a sealant or wax recommendation but I wasnt too sure what to tell him. What do you guys prefer on a black car?

Dr Oldz
09-26-2010, 12:47 PM
I prefer Collinite 915 on dark colors! Proper prep work b4 waxing is the key to a great finish tho!

Dubbin1
09-26-2010, 01:36 PM
If this is going to be a winter car too then a nice sealant should do fine. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant or Blackfire Wet Diamond would work well.

For the summer I would hit it with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

tuscarora dave
09-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Just remember that especially with black paint, a sealant will illuminate or magnify any and all paint defects so as stated above Prep the paint before applying a sealant.

The car in this picture was prepped and sealed using all local over the counter products. it was topped with Meg's NXT 2.0 paste. So Pretty much anything from AG will be above and beyond this with the right prep work.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/mybuickengine049.jpg

fancyfootwork
09-26-2010, 01:56 PM
+1 on the Wolfgang DGPS.

sportscarhiatus
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
1) Proper surface preparation - commonly referred to as "prep work". This means 90-95% defect removal using a DA or rotary.

2) Seal with either WGDGPS, Menz Power Lock, 4Star UPP, or UPGP. IMO, all 4 of those sealants are just fantastic on dark.

3) Top with Souveran, Fuzion, or Supernatural.

4) Sit back and oogle at your own car.

tenzin
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
1) Proper surface preparation - commonly referred to as "prep work". This means 90-95% defect removal using a DA or rotary.

2) Seal with either WGDGPS, Menz Power Lock, 4Star UPP, or UPGP. IMO, all 4 of those sealants are just fantastic on dark.

3) Top with Souveran, Fuzion, or Supernatural.

4) Sit back and oogle at your own car.

:iagree:

Rayaz
09-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Just got a '10 black BMW X3. It has the usual dealer induced swirls from dirty towels used for delivery prep. I used 2x normal car wash soap followed by a good claying (all over). You can clay before you dry depending on where you live (not in Phoenix).
I used Menzerma power finish and a white lake country on my PC to get rid of the fine towel marks. Then Pinnicle paint lotion and a coat of Klasse sealant (I have since switched to Wolfgang but both work well). It sat over night and then I topped with Pinnicle Souveran (paste).
It looked so good, I cried...maybe it was the heat?

cincibcat9
09-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the replies. I told him the most important part was the prep work. There are swirls all over the car and told him that it needed to be polished out. I recommended a DA from the site but he saw a Turtle Wax brand random orbital polish which he wants to buy instead. Any thoughts on that? Also what product would you recommend for removing swirl marks from the car. There are no deep scratches, just little swirl marks probably from the previous owners improper washing techniques.

Wendell Jarvis
09-30-2010, 08:56 AM
If this is going to be a winter car too then a nice sealant should do fine. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant or Blackfire Wet Diamond would work well.

For the summer I would hit it with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

Perfect answer !

Shade Tree
09-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Menzerna polishes followed by carnauba wax ......... proper prep is key as stated above. Sealant is where the longer lasting protection is & carnauba will supply the beautification.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/IMG_0101-1.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/IMG_0103-1.jpg