PDA

View Full Version : What is the best tire cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Old Tiger
09-24-2010, 10:10 PM
We have a lot of threads for wheels, but not so much for tires. I have good results with ARO, but is there anything better?

Southern Stang
09-24-2010, 10:15 PM
I've had good luck with purple power for something cheap to do the tires and wheel wells. Haven't tried ARO yet but plan to in the future.

rwright
09-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Jim, I just received my ARO gallon today but cleaned the tires yesterday on my current detail. Anyway, I use Zep citrus @ 4:1 for tires. But if it's something stubborn like DP Tire Gel - new formula, I use good ol' Bleche White. Corey uses Griot's Garage Rubber Cleaner, which I haven't tried yet.

Richard

Shade Tree
09-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Westley's Bleche-White dilluted

ScottB
09-24-2010, 10:38 PM
ARO or Griots Rubber Care/Cleaner ...

Metajames
09-24-2010, 10:48 PM
+1 for Westley's Bleche-White. Cheap and super effective.

Dubbin1
09-24-2010, 11:00 PM
First off its Westley's Bleche-Wite ;)

I also like Westley's but have been using ARO lately.

Old Tiger
09-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Jim, I just received my ARO gallon today but cleaned the tires yesterday on my current detail. Anyway, I use Zep citrus @ 4:1 for tires. But if it's something stubborn like DP Tire Gel - new formula, I use good ol' Bleche White. Corey uses Griot's Garage Rubber Cleaner, which I haven't tried yet.

Richard
Richard you are gonna love ARO!

Old Tiger
09-24-2010, 11:04 PM
First off its Westley's Bleche-Wite ;)

I also like Westley's but have been using ARO lately.
How do they compare? Cost aside of course, Dewayne.

Dubbin1
09-24-2010, 11:06 PM
How do they compare? Cost aside of course, Dewayne.

Well considering ARO can be used for much more then I would say the cost winner goes to ARO. I haven't bought Westley's for a long time (have a ton of it) so I really don't remember the cost.

Whoops your post didnt sink into my little brain :) I think Westley's Bleche-Wite does the better job of the 2.

Kurt_s
09-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Good thread Jim,

Westleys, Griots, ARO, and Zep Citrus. Hmmm...

ARO has more uses. Westleys is stronger than ARO. Corey likes GG (yeah, yeah, yeah don't listen to him or you will buy many things that work. I got it Richard. :laughing::laughing:) and Richard uses JEP Citrus or Westleys.

Jim suggested that I experience "blooming" with my tires when using some tire dressings. Towels and applicators turn black when applying dressings and mitts get greasy black when washing the tires.

Do any of the above listed rubber cleaners eliminate "blooming" better than ARO? I plan to pick up some of the DP tire gel too, as it didn't rub off when Corey tested it.

Thanks guys!

Rsurfer
09-25-2010, 02:03 AM
"mitts get greasy black when washing the tires. " Why are you using a mitt to wash your tires, why not a tire brush?

Kurt_s
09-25-2010, 02:15 AM
"mitts get greasy black when washing the tires. " Why are you using a mitt to wash your tires, why not a tire brush?

I know it sounds weird. I do use a tire brush, actually I use 2 brushes. Sometimes the dedicated wheel/tire mitt brushes up against the rubber or I get carried away with myself and it gets this greasy black "stuff" on the mitt.

I finally started using an old peice of cotton terry to wipe the rubber after using the brushes so the mitt doesn't get stained. I've seen it with many tire dressings over the years. It drives me crazy!

Ron, what would you use to clean, wax, seal et cetera the polished, chrome Porsche rims on a 96 turbo?

Thanks!

vet
09-25-2010, 07:37 AM
I've been using Bleech Wite for a long time, it does a good job. I ususally get the gallon or half gallon refills when it's on sale, so it's pretty cost effective. I want to try ARO on my next order (whenever that is). I like the idea of doing the tire and wheel with the same product. I've also used Eagle 1 tire and wheel cleaner in the winter when I have to use the car wash, and it does OK, but a little pricey in my opinion, because I can only find the smaller bottles.

Dieseldan
09-25-2010, 08:26 AM
megs APC or SD