PDA

View Full Version : Wax on top of Menzerna Power Lock ??

hudson1gua
09-24-2010, 09:31 PM
After reviewing various posts and then some..I could not find a straight answer to my quesion, so here it goes.

Should treat the cars I work on with Menzerna Power Lock, wait for it to haze, remove, wait a couple of hours and then apply a nuba wax or synthetic wax on top of it..?

Basically can I get away with just leaving PL on the top or do I have to come back and apply wax at some point? So what would be best? Applying wax, only PL or both need to go hand in hand?

Maybe now that PL has been out a little bit longer some of you may have some thoughts about this? It just doesn't seem right to over do it, in the sense that PL is a sealant with gloss and protection...

Thx,

DH

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/feedback[/.gif

rwright
09-24-2010, 10:32 PM
If you decide to apply a wax over top of Power Lock, make sure that you wait a minimum of 12 hours for the Power Lock to cure. You can accelerate this action by using Duragloss #601 Polish Bonding Agent. I haven't waxed over top of Power Lock yet because I just ordered it. But I applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant to a black car, then topped with Pinnacle Souveran. It changed the look from ultra glossy to more of a liquid appearance but still glossy.

ScottB
09-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Powerlock looks nice enough on its own ... just allow 12-24 hours to cure after removing the initial coat to add a second coat as desired.

Type[R]+
09-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Fully cured powerlock lasts, and lasts, and lasts.......
I'd wait a day before waxing to get the most out of it.

Make it shine!
09-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Like all said above wait atleast 12 hours before applying another coat or a nuba. I would apply another coat as PL looks great onits own and durability is great. my .02

hudson1gua
09-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Allright, many thanks for the advice. I will leave the PL alone, depending on the car and time I have. If I get a chance to hit it 12 - 24 hrs. after applying PL. I will let you guys know what it finally looked like..

hudson1gua
09-25-2010, 06:30 PM
WOw..I worked a black 03 Mistu Montero with some Mezerna IP to bring it back a bit, the owner was not concerned about a full paint recovery...

Next I used a Red LC Pad on my Porter @ 1, applied an even coat throughout the paint. I let it sit for appx. 10 min.. It came off SO easy, left a beautiful glossy, smooth finish.. I think I'm dumping wax and never looking back..