PDA

View Full Version : ? for those who own 2004-2006 Acura TL

Pages : [1] 2

spike
09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying a 2005 Acura TL. I just looked at it today at the dealership, and noticed that ALL 4 wheels had curb rash on them. My question to those who own this body style TL is:

Is it really that easy to get curb rash on the rims of these wheels? Or were the previous owners just not careful with the car? I couldn't believe how badly that beautiful car was treated!! :mad: I love those stock wheels that the car comes with, but as a detailer I just don't know if I could live with the wheels looking so bad. But if the price is right, then maybe...

fancyfootwork
09-24-2010, 06:38 PM
It doesn't matter what vehicle you drive.. Anyone can curb check and scuff up their rims. Heck, it probably was the dealership who did it! haha.

ziggo99
09-24-2010, 06:39 PM
So you're not the only one who notices this...
97% of all used Honda's and Acura's have wheel rash on all four wheels. See if the dealer will refinish them for you. It really is a shame that wheel get beat to crap. I want to say it's the owner's fault for not paying attention to where they're driving, but I may be wrong.

ilb3
09-24-2010, 07:15 PM
At least that is beating up stock rims. When people buy custom rims, and then do not take care of them it really leaves me wondering...

Dubbin1
09-24-2010, 07:31 PM
At least that is beating up stock rims. When people buy custom rims, and then do not take care of them it really leaves me wondering...

You ever price a set of stock wheels?

spike
09-24-2010, 07:40 PM

Exactly! :xyxthumbs:

So, are they just made of cheaper materials where they scuff up easier than other wheels? I have a 1999 Camry XLE, and there is some curb rash on them, but nothing like this.

ilb3
09-24-2010, 07:46 PM

What do you mean

350z00m
09-24-2010, 08:39 PM
stock wheels will be more moneys then aftermarket wheels most of the time.. but that doesnt mean the stocks ones are better....u can scuff up any wheel just as bad.. doesnt matter what its made of 8(. there are alot of wheel repair shops around.. even mobile ones... preaty cheap too!.... avg around 100$/wheel gve or take..... had my Volks curbed alittle.... got it fixed and they look 100% 8),, just stay AWAY from curbs 8)

maybe the dealer will take more off the car or fix the wheels for ya? negotiate,negotiate 8)

ilb3
09-24-2010, 08:49 PM
What I am saying is, if you are goign to pay extra for aftermarket wheels it would make more sense to take care of them

350z00m
09-24-2010, 08:54 PM
heeh ya one would and should 8)... but sometime u have a day when u just $%^# up at the track or somone else driving ! Boooo! llol

jsgntulok
09-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Next time you walk through a parking lot, check out the cars, especially BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porche, VW. Virtually all will have at least one wheel banged up. It seems no matter how careful, it happens. Cut a corner a bit short, get the angle a bit off when parallel parking, etc. Then, there are the car owners who just do not care.

spike
09-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Next time you walk through a parking lot, check out the cars, especially BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porche, VW. Virtually all will have at least one wheel banged up. It seems no matter how careful, it happens. Cut a corner a bit short, get the angle a bit off when parallel parking, etc. Then, there are the car owners who just do not care.

To me that sounds so weird. Wouldn't you think that ppl would take better care of their cars if they owned a "luxury" brand like you said? Wow. But I'm sure you are right! I guess we as detailers are sooo careful about our cars, and others really don't care...

ilb3
09-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Maybe they figure they have the money to fix their wheels if they scuff them up.

350z00m
09-24-2010, 11:27 PM
there are 2 ways to amke wheels.. Forging and casting... forging is alot stronger then cast... but cast isnt weak either... forged wheels amkes for lighter wheels.... god for racers 8)... track ofcourse 8).. chrome= heavy and ugly imho 8)

but i think most peolple dont care period.... regardless if they drive a lux or a beater

smackvtec
09-25-2010, 12:01 AM
curbed wheels come from bad drivers. If you decide to buy it I would look for a set of used tl type s rims. They r gorgeous compared to jus regular tl rims