PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Interior Detailer

RandyD
09-23-2010, 10:33 PM
I really love the way this stuff works. It gives the car a clean look and scent. Only thing that concerns me is that I use it on my leather and wonder if I should be using a leather cleaner instead. Yes it works great, but is it as gentle as a leather cleaner? My car is about one year old with tan leather and I live in very hot Florida. Also, do I really need to use a conditioner on the leather?

Thanks

Setec Astronomy
09-23-2010, 10:43 PM
You're talking about the Quik Interior Detailer? I haven't used the newest version, but I can't imagine it's much harsher than the original, so it should be as gentle as leather cleaner. And yes, you really need to use a conditioner on your leather, it will dry out over time.

Shade Tree
09-24-2010, 10:58 AM
I really love the way this stuff works. It gives the car a clean look and scent. Only thing that concerns me is that I use it on my leather and wonder if I should be using a leather cleaner instead. Yes it works great, but is it as gentle as a leather cleaner? My car is about one year old with tan leather and I live in very hot Florida. Also, do I really need to use a conditioner on the leather?

Thanks

If you would like to enjoy your leather in its present condition then YES you really do need to clean & condition it on a regular basis. As stated above, the leather will take a beating in the sun so protect it as best you can.

:props:

svs
09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
+1 for using a seperate leather cleaner. I also have megs interior detailer and LOVE the smell. Gives the car that just been cleaned smell!

WRAPT C5Z06
09-24-2010, 03:38 PM
While you can use it on your finished leather with no problem, I choose to use a dedicated leather cleaner(wolfgang) and leather conditioner(prima nourish).

Grizzly
09-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Been using the QID on the interior of my vehicles for years.

Good product.

Cant afford the fancy Wolfgang or Pinnacle leather cleaners. I would imagine an APC would do the job just as well.