PDA

View Full Version : Poli-Seal over glaze??

charlestek
09-23-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm in the process of working on my car. I'm finishing up swirl removal with Meguiars 205. I had intended to follow up with Meguiars Machine Glaze, then apply Poli-Seal, and if I make it that far, then apply Opti-Seal. Would the glaze be compatible with Poli-Seal and/or would it be perhaps an unneeded step??

trhland
09-23-2010, 08:02 PM
poli seal offers such a nice deep gloss . i wouldnt bother with a glaze. top with ur wax of choice.:xyxthumbs:

Metajames
09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I would think the cut in poliseal will remove whatever glaze you put on.

charlestek
09-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure. I see in the Meguiars forum people putting sealant over glaze, but Poli-Seal is a cleaner too.
I suppose I could glaze, then use opti-seal only, in this case I would be hoping the glaze gives me more gloss than poli-seal would....

TLMitchell
09-23-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm in the process of working on my car. I'm finishing up swirl removal with Meguiars 205. I had intended to follow up with Meguiars Machine Glaze, then apply Poli-Seal, and if I make it that far, then apply Opti-Seal. Would the glaze be compatible with Poli-Seal and/or would it be perhaps an unneeded step??

Since Poli Seal is also a cleaner/polish I'd expect it to remove any glaze. Opti Seal over the glaze would be the way to go, IMO. Then again, if you don't have defects that need filled after the 205 why even bother with a glaze? Opti Seal over Poli Seal sweet, as is Opti Seal after M205.

TL

charlestek
09-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah, you are probably right. After the 205 the finish looks good, but not perfect. I purposely did not use anything higher than the 205, even if some scratches remain. So were back to which looks better opti-seal over glaze or opti-seal over poli-seal.
This is a black car.

TLMitchell
09-24-2010, 05:53 AM
So were back to which looks better opti-seal over glaze or opti-seal over poli-seal. This is a black car.

Test spots.

TL

charlestek
09-24-2010, 08:09 AM
TL,

Thanks. The only issue with that is removing the opti-seal or poli-seal on the test spots afterward.

TLMitchell
09-24-2010, 09:35 AM
TL,

Thanks. The only issue with that is removing the opti-seal or poli-seal on the test spots afterward.

Clay, IPA and redo the spots with 205... they'll be gone.

TL