PDA

View Full Version : product reviews - diamondite, WG, OXO, edge

Pages : [1] 2

Kelso
11-23-2006, 09:46 PM
tried some new products in the past few days and got some reviews...

ok autogeek has been sending me boxes like crazy this month! ill try to list them so i can remember everything cause, theres a lot!
autogeek 6 gallon wash bucket
Edge ShMitt white/yellow
WG wheel cleaner
WG tire gel
OXO brushes
diamondite clay n shine

here we go.
the autogeek 6 gallon wash bucket. washed 2 cars with it tonight and ...its a bucket. not a whole lot to say there LOL. the wheels roll easy when pushed but didnt roll down my driveway which was great. the lid will be a big plus in the future i can tell. the hangers too will be a big help in future washes:applause:
for 30 bucks, id buy it again
Not a whole lot to say about hte shmitt that hasnt been said. its a great product and if you havent gotten one yet, id recommend getting one. i did get some grease or oil on it and its a little tough to get it out but its a small spot...
i havent encountered any nasty wheels so i cant comment on the wheel cleaner too much ...the wheels are coming out very clean and i would guess this gel is doing its job. ill continue using it on other details and hope that somebody has some dirty wheels. my aunts vehicle had some dirty tires and it cleaned them pretty good.
after that i dressed with the black diamond tire gel. great stuff! very shiny and so far has lasted 1 week and 1 wash on my tires....ill see how much longer they last

next is my new oxo wheel brushes. im very impressed with them. ive never used brushes before and i was skeptical... i didnt think they would do as good of a job. well i was wrong because the wheel brush is very soft and gets all the nooks and crannies. also got a deep reach 11 inch brush and its a bit stiffer than i anticipated but it gets the inside of the wheels pretty good... i think it should be longer though and not as thick as the longer one they have for sale, just my opinion i guess. also used the OXO tire brush and will continue to do so, works very well
now, my FREE GIFT! diamondite clay and shine. i was skeptical. very skeptical. ive used the yellow sponge before so i knew it was safe but i just didnt think this stuff would work too well.i was surprised at the outcome. it really clayed the paint haha. i used the provided wax but i was doing this in the cold and at dark tonight so... it looked better in the spotlights!

sorry i wasnt super detailed but it was a lot of products i tried out so if you have questions or comments please, share

supercharged
11-23-2006, 11:41 PM
I can't wait 'till I get my free gift.

ScottB
11-24-2006, 06:41 AM
OXO is a hidden gem in car detailing tools as well as tools for the kitchen. One product line you can shop with wife for together.

sparkie
11-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Diamondite clay and shine, going to try it this weekend. I have the OXO wheel brush and the power puff, use them both. Great products.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/powerpuff.jpg

justin_murphy
11-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Diamondite clay and shine, going to try it this weekend. I have the OXO wheel brush and the power puff, use them both. Great products.

I've got to get me one of those!
Maybe 10!

Mike T
11-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Could you go into a little more detail about the Diamondite Clay kit? I too got that has the free gift, but I really don't know much about it.

cue03
11-24-2006, 10:58 AM

Where can I find the object in the picture? I tried to do a search but it turned up nothing.

Thanks

Mike T
11-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Walmart. Cost a buck and cents.

sparkie
11-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Walmart. Cost a buck and cents.
:iagree: They went up! Two bucks.

Surfer
11-24-2006, 02:44 PM
here we go.
the autogeek 6 gallon wash bucket. washed 2 cars with it tonight and ...its a bucket. not a whole lot to say there LOL.lol :D

Kelso
11-24-2006, 08:39 PM
haha...well its better than a 5 gallon bucket in my opinion and i had it packed with washing stuff today and lifted it up, so light!

anyways the diamondite... ok well just make sure you soak the yellow sponge in nice warm water and hold it in there and squeeze it a few times if you can. also a good idea to have a bucket nearby to rinse out the scrubby...filled with nice warm water. ok shake up the can really good like whipped cream and just spray it on the paint... i did it in a line a few inches long like about 6 inches i think... then i blotted it and started to spread it. considering that stuff the clay lube and the spnge is a claybar. i used back and forth motions and worked an area about as long as a regular clay bar. when your done just wipe it off with the MF. move on or wax the area. now like i said i used back and forth motions and the paints had a decent amount of swirls but i couldnt find any straight scratches or marring caused by the sponge. just try it out and i bet youll be kind of surprised. i dont know if ill buy this again or regular claybars instead because i dont know how long the can will last

Mike T
11-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the updated review. I feel a little better.

Bulla2000
01-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi folks,

what do you think about the this OXO-Brush:
http://www.autogeek.net/featwasbrus.html ??

I´m looking for y brush for cleaning the downside of cars and also the engine. I dont want more than one brushes. Is the OXo fine or are there better ones?

Kelso
01-27-2007, 06:40 PM
personally i dont like to brush my car, but if your set on brushes, those OXO's are great

Nuke33
01-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Great write up, thanks for doing it.... Hope you like all of your new stuff and get a lot of use out of it