PDA

View Full Version : Buckets!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ZimRandy
09-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Weird,, I have orange from HD and you just press them down and they "lock". Then you can even turn them upside down and the guard doesn't fall out.

Same here. I like the way it fits in the HD bucket better than in my pad washer bucket.

Randy

Make it shine!
09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Lowes grey buckets work for me also, but I did bring the GG with me. A few buckets didn't work but I did find a bunch.

Bert31
09-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Most of my buckets are old buckets which held dry wall mud in them. I clean them out really well and they do fine.

S2K
09-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Why is everyone blaming the bucket? What did the bucket do to you? Maybe the grit guard is the wrong size.

A4 1.8tqm
09-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Why is everyone blaming the bucket? What did the bucket do to you? Maybe the grit guard is the wrong size.

:laughing:

3Guy
09-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Weird,, I have orange from HD and you just press them down and they "lock". Then you can even turn them upside down and the guard doesn't fall out.
:xyxthumbs:

:iagree:

jcarson112
09-23-2010, 03:36 PM
I've tried and have some of the homer's buckets, gray lowes buckets (the ones that say lowes on them) and some other random buckets around. Maybe the buckets vary in size (between the same types), I think I'll finally lug that contraption into the store with me and get the bucket instead of getting home with the built excitement of having it work only to have my dreams crushed.

I can only get the GG just a little farther than 1/2 with severe pushing.

LegacyGT
09-23-2010, 05:31 PM

Did they change there size? If so I am willing to sell mine for $150 each. :xyxthumbs:

Same deal for Menards buckets, but I don't know how widely Menards stores are. Could be a mid-west thing.

jcarson112
09-23-2010, 05:42 PM
^^ must be I've never heard of that store till I got on these boards ;)

Dubbin1
09-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Same deal for Menards buckets, but I don't know how widely Menards stores are. Could be a mid-west thing.

Pretty Much but they are working their way west. I see there is one in Casper Wyoming now (I used to live there and loved it).

Old Tiger
09-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Havent you seen an old murder mystery? The bucket did it!

TLMitchell
09-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Most of my buckets are old buckets which held dry wall mud in them. I clean them out really well and they do fine.

:xyxthumbs: The 50 lb drywall-mud buckets are 4 gallon. Still big enough to do the job and less heft to move around.

Check out a Wal Mart bakery. They get glaze and other stuff in 5 gallon buckets with lids and toss a bunch of 'em out daily. Kinda handy sometimes having the lids too.

TL

jcarson112
09-23-2010, 07:28 PM
:xyxthumbs: The 50 lb drywall-mud buckets are 4 gallon. Still big enough to do the job and less heft to move around.

Check out a Wal Mart bakery. They get glaze and other stuff in 5 gallon buckets with lids and toss a bunch of 'em out daily. Kinda handy sometimes having the lids too.

TL

Cool deal! I'll check that out as well as bringing a GG everywhere I go that might have buckets!

TLMitchell
09-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Cool deal! I'll check that out as well as bringing a GG everywhere I go that might have buckets!

Take it everywhere regardless. You could start a new fashion trend as well as keep people scratching their heads. Who knows, if you really apply yourself you could even wind up on peopleofwalmart.com. :eek:

TL

jcarson112
09-23-2010, 09:36 PM
^^^ that is something I never want to have happen :laughing:

I decided to crack out the HD buckets today and take a look at them again as people have said they have had good luck with them. The ones I have are from years ago and figured they'd all be the same so I took a measurement of them. Ran down to the local HD and measured them there too. Turns out they've gotten bigger/designed differently from years ago.

But, now as some have said the GG's lock at the bottom. These just drop down inside. I guess its better than having to waste a ton of wash or ONR but I liked the sound of locking. Thinking of taking a bit of wire or something with some fishing weights to hold em down if they float.

Just wanted to update, thanks for the suggestions and comedy.