PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG or Wolfgang DGS-Souveran or EX-P?

cullen2505
11-23-2006, 09:40 PM
I am getting ready to do my first detail and I have a few questions. I have a 06' Acura-light silver with 8k miles and will be doing all the work by hand (no PC). After reading this forum for over a week I have decided on the following:
(1) wash with Poorboy's Super Slick and Suds
(2) clay with Pinnacle Ultra Poly
(3) clean with Klasse AIO
(4) should I seal with Klasse SG, Wolfgang DGS, or Poorboy's EX-P?
(5) should I wax with Souveran paste, liquid, or Natty's Blue?

Being a beginner, my concern about using Klasse SG is that I read the process can be tricky. I would use the WOWO method and spritz it on using a small hairspray bottle. I read to remove it immediately (after each panel?). Do I dilute the SG with distilled water? I guess my main question is it worth the effort or is DGS or EX-P just as good?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

supercharged
11-23-2006, 11:46 PM
I am getting ready to do my first detail and I have a few questions. I have a 06' Acura-light silver with 8k miles and will be doing all the work by hand (no PC). After reading this forum for over a week I have decided on the following:
(1) wash with Poorboy's Super Slick and Suds
(2) clay with Pinnacle Ultra Poly
(3) clean with Klasse AIO
(4) should I seal with Klasse SG, Wolfgang DGS, or Poorboy's EX-P?
(5) should I wax with Souveran paste, liquid, or Natty's Blue?

Being a beginner, my concern about using Klasse SG is that I read the process can be tricky. I would use the WOWO method and spritz it on using a small hairspray bottle. I read to remove it immediately (after each panel?). Do I dilute the SG with distilled water? I guess my main question is it worth the effort or is DGS or EX-P just as good?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
It really depends on what kind of results you are looking for. Klasse SG for max durability (2 coats will last you 4-5 months). Wolfgang for ease of use and carnauba like finish. Usually 2 coats last 8-9 weeks. EX-P might last a week longer, but has a little sterile look. As for wax - you cant' go wrong with any of them. Pinnacle Souveran paste is the king - platinum wax. It is a must for any black or red vehicle.
Liquid Souveran is more for light colored or silver, and is the best liquid wax.
Natty Blue is the best wax for the buck.
Good luck.

ScottB
11-24-2006, 06:39 AM
I think you need to experiment, as all are valid choices. Just leave ample time for curing before the topper.

supercharged
11-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Experiment, and see what you like the best, what works for you.

Bigfoot
11-28-2006, 08:45 AM
If you're working outside(no garage), I recommend all PB products, since they can be used in the sun or shade! I just did for the first time my car outside with PB, and looks great. Hope this helps...

Joey:cheers: