PDA

View Full Version : Lquid Glass fora new car?

DjbuddyPL
09-23-2010, 12:30 AM
I just bought a 2010 honda fit for my baby sister(first car) its a dark blue color, paint is in really good condition, im thinking to clay bar it next wknd, then put a coat of the AIO liquid glass on it. Now my question is, is that enough protection? or should i put a coat of nxt 2.0 wax on top of the liquid glass.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2mq2o2c.jpg

longdx
09-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Liquid Glass has a reputation for durability. However, please make sure that the paint is in great shape, otherwise Liquid Glass will give you a shiny car that highlights every imperfection. You can top LG ,but let it cure for several hours before topping it.

DjbuddyPL
09-23-2010, 01:13 AM
So i should polish it first, use a swirl remove just to be sure, then use liquid glass, let it cure for bout hour then top it with nxt?

longdx
09-23-2010, 03:11 AM
Exactly. Just because it is a new car does not mean it may not have any imperfections. (The car was assembled in Japan, shipped overseas, may or may not have sat in a dealer lot collecting contaminants and then prepped for sale; either properly or improperly.

At the very least, clay the paint to remove any contaminants. It the paint looks fine after that , proceed to the LG.If some minor swirls/cobwebs are present , use a light polish (Honda paint is on the soft side).

kkreit01
09-23-2010, 01:48 PM
I highly doubt NXT will add any protection on top of LG. I've never had a new car which needed polishing, but I'm sure it's possible. I usually hit new rides with an AIO, and maybe clay if they need it. It all depends on how long they sat on the lot.