PDA

View Full Version : Mike Phillips - Doctor of Paint Care

HealthyCivic
09-22-2010, 11:51 PM
I was reading about doctorates in the U.S. today on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/####/Higher_doctorates#Higher_doctorates) and saw this list of all of the doctorates:

Doctor of Arts (D.A.), Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.), Doctor of Church Music (D.C.M.), Doctor of Canon Law (J.C.D./D.C.L.), Doctor of Design (D.Des.), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Doctor of Engineering (D.Eng./D.E.Sc./D.E.S.), Doctor of Fine Arts (D.F.A.), Doctor of Health Science (D.H.Sc.), Doctor of Hebrew Letters (D.H.L.), Doctor of Industrial Technology (D.I.T.), Doctor of Juridical Science (J.S.D./S.J.D.), Doctor of Music (D.M.), Doctor of Musical/Music Arts (D.M.A./A.Mus.D./D.Mus.A.), Doctor of Music Education (D.M.E.), Doctor of Modern Languages (D.M.L.), Doctor of Nursing Science (D.N.Sc.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Doctor of Public Administration (D.P.A.), Doctor of Physical Education (D.P.E.), Doctor of Public Health (Dr.P.H.), Doctor of Sacred Theology (S.T.D.), Doctor of Science (D.Sc./Sc.D.), Doctor of Social Work (D.S.W.), and Doctor of Theology (Th.D.).

First of all, I think it's interesting that there are this many. All we ever hear of is Ph.D but you could be a Doctor of Church Music or Physical Education even... Since Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, I was tempted to insert a "Doctor of Paint Care" and say that currently only one person holds this: Mike Phillips. Seriously though, this man has over 28,800 posts on Meguiar's Online before coming here and posting over 10,000 in roughly a year's time. In addition to this, he is extremely good at explaining things orally and face-to-face. It's very, very difficult to find someone at explaining anything as good as Mike does. He's one of the few people I've seen on forums where every single one of his posts is helpful and includes all sorts of beneficial formatting. He's been a real inspiration to me as someone else who enjoys teaching others and simply as another member of the labor force. Technically speaking, he's a great speaker who doesn't use ums, ahhs, likes, and all of those fillers and projects a healthy amount of confidence of his subject matter.

You may think I was joking about the whole Dr. of Paint Care thing... But I'm really not. He has pretty much reached that level with detailing. I don't know anyone else who's even made 1/4th of the amount of helpful posts, articles, and videos as Mike. Just to show the outreach that this man has, not only was I drawn to detailing with Meguiar's thanks to him, but I've told countless others about the products, methods, and teacher as well. I've shown my friends and co-workers old photos from Meguiar's garage, shown current Autogeek content, and I even did a speech in my college speech class about detailing and I mentioned Mike and Autogeek in it. I got an A too and got people wanting me to work on their cars, haha.

The point being, we see TV ads, banner ads, we hear radio ads, we hear friends rant and rave, but at the end of the day, someone like Mike has more weight than all of that. To see someone so dedicated and helpful time and time again, always positive, is amazing, inspiring, and it sells the products as well.

Autogeek, I am sure you guys are aware but you are very blessed to have Mike and I don't know who on earth would want to ever give him up. If he worked for me, I'd live in a van down by the river before giving Mike up, hahaha.

Dubbin1
09-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Mike is this you under an alias :laughing:

ps don't edit my post

rohnramirez
09-23-2010, 12:57 AM
:haha:

CEE DOG
09-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Mike is this you under an alias :laughing:

ps don't edit my post

:applause: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike Phillips
09-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the kind words... I read your post this morning and blushed...

For what it's worth... when I was younger my first Manager at Meguiar's, Jack Birkby, gave me a audio collection by motivational speaker Zig Ziglar and one his quotes I learned from him I adopted as my own philosophy towards life and work...

"You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want" -- Zig Ziglar

So I look at my job as a way of helping other people get what they want...

:)

BillE
09-24-2010, 08:02 AM
You are much to modest Mike.

Bill

ryanbabz71
09-24-2010, 10:38 AM
"You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want" -- Zig Ziglar

Great quote, thanks for sharing :dblthumb2: