PDA

View Full Version : Which ones should i get?

rohnramirez
09-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Hello guys. I need your thoughts and experiences cause I'm planning to make an order for my birthday. I want to try some products out.

Exterior Trim - UTTGP 12oz for 32.99 or PBTR 32oz for 24.99? Is the UTTG worth the extra i'll be paying? Would you recommend something else?

Glass Polishing Felt Pads - LC Glass cutting 4" pads 3 for 12.99 or GG 3" glass polishing pads? can i use my 3" BP for the GG pads?

Glass Polishes - Diamondite Glass Resurfacing Creme for 19.99 or GG Glass Polish for 12.99?

Steamers - Any suggestion on brand?

Many thanks for any feedback!!! :)

Y2KSVT
09-22-2010, 10:42 PM
I really have no idea, but I thought I'd just say :birthday:

Mark

rohnramirez
09-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks, Mark! It's still in a couple of weeks though. ;) Just planning ahead, i can't afford to make mistakes when i order, and i mean that literally. :)

Dubbin1
09-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Rohn I am hard to please and I am very pleased with the PBTR. Not sure what to say about the glass and steam.

rohnramirez
09-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Thanks, Dwayne...i really appreciate your reply! It's on my cart already! ;)

JSFM35x
09-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Hello guys. I need your thoughts and experiences cause I'm planning to make an order for my birthday. I want to try some products out.

Exterior Trim - UTTGP 12oz for 32.99 or PBTR 32oz for 24.99? Is the UTTG worth the extra i'll be paying? Would you recommend something else?

Glass Polishing Felt Pads - LC Glass cutting 4" pads 3 for 12.99 or GG 3" glass polishing pads? can i use my 3" BP for the GG pads?

Glass Polishes - Diamondite Glass Resurfacing Creme for 19.99 or GG Glass Polish for 12.99?

Steamers - Any suggestion on brand?

Many thanks for any feedback!!! :)

I use the UTTGP and lately I have also used the Bold N Bright. I love both. THe UTTGP last longer. I have never used the PBTR but do use their other products and they are good. The Ultima Line of which I use many products is excellent as is the Poor Boys line. I dont think you can go wrong. I end up having a garage full of different items becasue I am always looking for a better product. I wish Manufacturers would sell/give samples so we could try and by. I went to the PB detail weekend and tried alot of stuff. I did not get to the trim restorer.

rohnramirez
09-23-2010, 09:53 PM
:bump:

Old Tiger
09-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Definately UTTG or Megs Ultimate Protectant over PBTR. IME both are more durable. I like the GG Glass pads a lot. Cant help with a steamer.

Setec Astronomy
09-23-2010, 10:11 PM
I have used the Pb's Trim Restorer, but not the Ultima. I didn't really dig the TR, lately I have been using the Meg's Ultimate Protectant, which seems really nice.

As far as the glass polishing, I can't speak to the GG stuff but I did use the LC pads and the Diamondite on a rotary and significantly cleaned up my friend's windshield that had wiper tracks and ice scraper scratches. Does take time and a lot of water to keep it cool.

rohnramirez
09-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Thank you for replying, both of you. Appreciate the response, really! :)

@Old Tiger - Can i use my 2 3/4" BP with the 3" GG Glass pads? BTW, i already found the perfect steamer, less than a $100 but still has a 1500w motor, it's just right for my needs.

Old Tiger
09-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Thank you for replying, both of you. Appreciate the response, really! :)

@Old Tiger - Can i use my 2 3/4" BP with the 3" GG Glass pads? BTW, i already found the perfect steamer, less than a $100 but still has a 1500w motor, it's just right for my needs.
The GG pads are made for the 3" GG DA. To be sure you may want to get the 6" and trim them down.

jpegs13
09-24-2010, 06:07 AM
I'm with pops on the GG glass pads, I've even used them on my shower doors with great success!

CEE DOG
09-24-2010, 06:16 AM
I've used the UTTG and love it. I'm about to use the PBTR and I'm betting I will like that too.

My take is:
You use a lot more product with PBTR so the UTTG may be cheaper over the life of a bottle.
UTTG will definitely last longer.
PBTR seems to be marketed for faded trim more then UTTG is so PBTR may be better at revitalizing terribly faded trim...? I'll know soon though
UTTG is marketed as a super concentrated protectant that will seal and protect your trim and keep it in new condition. Theres no doubt it excels at that.

mchess1
09-24-2010, 06:33 AM
I've used the UTTG and love it. I'm about to use the PBTR and I'm betting I will like that too.

My take is:
You use a lot more product with PBTR so the UTTG may be cheaper over the life of a bottle.
UTTG will definitely last longer.
PBTR seems to be marketed for faded trim more then UTTG is so PBTR may be better at revitalizing terribly faded trim...? I'll know soon though
UTTG is marketed as a super concentrated protectant that will seal and protect your trim and keep it in new condition. Theres no doubt it excels at that.

At Corey's suggestion, I tried out the UTTG on the Bimmer. As a long time user of PBTR, I was very pleased with the UTTG. Only two weeks so far, but looks-wise it seems as though the UTTG will outlast my old favorite PB by quite a margin.

I still believe that on ugly trim (even if you would give up on it) the PB is the way to go. On trim in good condition, I think the timeframe on UTTG will more then make up the cost difference.

All said, both have a permanent space on my shelf!

rohnramirez
09-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the inputs guys! So i'm getting the PBTR and Megs UP. I'm also purchasing the 6" GG glass pads along with the diamondite glass repair kit cause i want smaller pads. :)