PDA

View Full Version : poor boy trim restore

Pages : [1] 2

nabisco shine
09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
is this a spray??? how do i use it??

Dubbin1
09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Not a spray, you put some on a rag and wipe it on.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
09-22-2010, 04:16 PM
It used to come with a sprayer a long long time ago ...... but best way to apply is use a foam paint brush. Put a couple of drops on the tip, paint on to a nice even coat don't leave much excess on the surface it isn't needed. Let sit for 15-20 min for decent shape trim then buff off with a COTTON cloth not microfiber. For very faded trim let sit overnight, buff than re-apply.

-Chris

nabisco shine
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
thanks!!!!! and ive notice it streaks when it gets wet what do i do to make it not streak???

Kurt_s
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
It used to come with a sprayer a long long time ago ...... but best way to apply is use a foam paint brush. Put a couple of drops on the tip, paint on to a nice even coat don't leave much excess on the surface it isn't needed. Let sit for 15-20 min for decent shape trim then buff off with a COTTON cloth not microfiber. For very faded trim let sit overnight, buff than re-apply.

-Chris
Chris,
About how long should the trim dressing last on trim with California weather?

WRAPT C5Z06
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM

-Chris
Chris,

Why use a cotton towel instead of MF?

It seems to apply fine when I use a yellow foam wax applicator.

rwright
09-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Chris,

Why use a cotton towel instead of MF?

It seems to apply fine when I use a yellow foam wax applicator.

Looks like there is a connection between a foam brush and a foam wax applicator...:poke:

WRAPT C5Z06
09-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Looks like there is a connection between a foam brush and a foam wax applicator...:poke:
Ahhhh, I had a moment. :doh: :laughing:

rwright
09-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Ahhhh, I had a moment. :doh: :laughing:
LOL! I couldn't resist that, I mean you really set yourself up!

Seriously though, I'm waiting for Pockets' response as well about cotton vs. mf.

veeko
09-22-2010, 05:30 PM
my fiancee's jeep fender flares were completely bleached and faded from the sun. i ended up needing to apply generous amounts and multiple times to achieve the result i was after and there's really no need to buff it off. says so on the bottle.

i really wish i took before and after shots.

Make it shine!
09-22-2010, 06:27 PM

Seriously though, I'm waiting for Pockets' response as well about cotton vs. mf.

Yup very interesting on this one. I am also eagerly awaiting a response as I use MF's and never had any problems.:hungry:

S2K
09-22-2010, 07:22 PM
How does PBTR compare with Megs Ultimate Protectant? Is it worth the cost difference?

TroyScherer
09-22-2010, 07:37 PM

I think it has to do with the fact that a cotton towel will absorb liquid instead of repeal water like Microfiber seems to do. You want to wipe up and soak up any residual product that has not penetrated into the trim. The residual product is what runs down the paint when it gets wet.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/22085-review-poorboy-s-world-trim-restorer.html

CEE DOG
09-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm going to have to bookmark this thread to get tips for when I use it.

Dubbin1
09-22-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm going to have to bookmark this thread to get tips for when I use it.

Subscribe to it ;)