PDA

View Full Version : over working the polish?

D tale rr
09-22-2010, 03:50 PM
im in the midst of running pinnacle's advanced swirl remover over my car, im using an orange pad.

everything is going alright, but i have noticed that sometimes, when im removing a segment of it to check and see if its broken down and doing its job, the stuff is just really hard to wipe off...

is it that im overworking the polish? or that im under working it?

its takes almost a good buffing with microfiber to get it off...

Mike Phillips
09-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Don't buff to a dry buff, you should always have a wet film on the surface and this will make wipe off easier...

What kind of polisher are you using?

Also, foam cutting pads can sometimes have that effect with any product as they tend to generate more heat to the surface.

Cool forum name and welcome to Autogeek Online!

:welcome:

D tale rr
09-22-2010, 04:00 PM
PC 7424xp

i work the polish for about 2 minutes.... in an 3x3 area... perhaps working it for less time would help.

Lasthope05
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
You need to shrink down your working area by a lot. 18"x18" is a good work able size.

Different polishes have different working times but a good indicator of when to stop polishing is when the polish starts to turn clear and not when its gone (dry buffing, which is what it sounds like you are doing.)

D tale rr
09-22-2010, 04:29 PM
okay, thank you.

kimandbrad21
09-23-2010, 09:36 AM
did you prep the pad? spritz of water or qd. i noticed the same thing but when i was using a CCS euro hand polishing pad with m105 i ended up having to use a IPA 50/50 mix to get it off. I did find that working a 2ft by 2ft area worked alot better.