PDA

View Full Version : ArmorAll Car Wash - Free at Target - Use or Pitch?

Pages : [1] 2 3

encoder
09-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey guys,

Recently picked up a 08 MB C350, Black, with some minor paint defects. I've picked up a few things form AutoGeek, then a few more, then more, now like $500 later I've got a good start :D

Anyway, the Wife got 2 jugs of ArmorAll car wash free at Target (She's one of those types of shoppers, quite good at it really). This is it: Amazon.com: ArmorAll Car Wash Concentrate, 64-Fluid Ounce Bottles (Pack of 4): Health &… (http://www.amazon.com/ArmorAll-Concentrate-64-Fluid-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B0036B8UDE)

Should I let this stuff touch the car or not? I'm worried about it stripping my products. I put some Megs polyseal on it and then some Nattys blue liquid wax.

If not, I'm OK w/ giving them away. But if they're good enough I might as well sve a few bucks and use them.

I def worry a bit about lubricity but definitely mostly concerned about my LSPs.

Thanks in advance,
Shane

CEE DOG
09-22-2010, 08:14 AM
I've never used it Shane but I wanted to say :welcome: to AutoGeek!

SupraTurbo94
09-22-2010, 09:12 AM
I never used the it either but it should be ok.

rwright
09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
If anything use it as wheel soap. I bought 5 - 70oz. bottles of DuPont soap @ $2.50 each to use as a wheel soap.

slimnib
09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey guys,

Recently picked up a 08 MB C350, Black, with some minor paint defects. I've picked up a few things form AutoGeek, then a few more, then more, now like $500 later I've got a good start :D

Anyway, the Wife got 2 jugs of ArmorAll car wash free at Target (She's one of those types of shoppers, quite good at it really). This is it: Amazon.com: ArmorAll Car Wash Concentrate, 64-Fluid Ounce Bottles (Pack of 4): Health &… (http://www.amazon.com/ArmorAll-Concentrate-64-Fluid-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B0036B8UDE)

Should I let this stuff touch the car or not? I'm worried about it stripping my products. I put some Megs polyseal on it and then some Nattys blue liquid wax.

If not, I'm OK w/ giving them away. But if they're good enough I might as well sve a few bucks and use them.

I def worry a bit about lubricity but definitely mostly concerned about my LSPs.

Thanks in advance,
Shane

Is the Black one or two stage paint?

I have a black MB and would like to know.

Thanks

aznwhip
09-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Welcome to AG.

That won't strip your wax, but since you've already started investing heavily on detailing products, why not use a higher quality wash solution?And grats on the new w204.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Id have to agree with using it as tire/rim soap. If you already have some good stuff id use it. If you have a 2nd car thats more of a beater you could try it out on it and see how it feels and what it looks like when you're finished. Ive used armorall soap before, just not that kind...didnt really have any problems with it..maybe just double up on how much you use per gallon to make sure its extra slippery.

Flash Gordon
09-22-2010, 04:05 PM
How did you get this free soap? Do tell please Im the MAN

WRAPT C5Z06
09-22-2010, 04:16 PM
No.

Go to any target and pick up Megs gold glass shampoo. It's cheap and very good soap.

kimandbrad21
09-22-2010, 05:02 PM
here ya go, ive gotten some very cheap off the wall car wash before and just bought it for the hell of it, it was cheap and on sale, thing is i only use megs gold class wash, but with the cheap stuff.... i use it on tires and wheel wells, and to clean wash mitts etc.. i would keep it and use it for those uses, and as someone else said... keep it for a beater or someone looking for a low end detail clean up job. good find on the car wash, i found a walmart going through a re-model selling the bigger size of megs gold class at $1 a bottle :) best day ever!

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
09-22-2010, 06:52 PM
here ya go, ive gotten some very cheap off the wall car wash before and just bought it for the hell of it, it was cheap and on sale, thing is i only use megs gold class wash, but with the cheap stuff.... i use it on tires and wheel wells, and to clean wash mitts etc.. i would keep it and use it for those uses, and as someone else said... keep it for a beater or someone looking for a low end detail clean up job. good find on the car wash, i found a walmart going through a re-model selling the bigger size of megs gold class at $1 a bottle :) best day ever!

wowwwwww $1 a pop...me me me!

kimandbrad21
09-22-2010, 06:56 PM
seriously i walked by the isle, had to take a double take, walked away and picked up 8 bottles of megs gold glass reg. size, and 5 bottles of crystal wash or something from megs, for a buck a piece, i was super excited.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
09-22-2010, 07:01 PM

Geez! and you didnt send me any becauseeeeeee? lol. Ive still got about 1/2 gallon of my shampoo plus left...i'm pretty happy with it but the suds do go down pretty fast...it is super slick but i ususally use a little more than the 1 oz per 2 gallons mix. I kinda want to try hyper wash but not sure, I'm gonna finish what I have for now and cross that bridge when i get to it...unless of course i run into a $1 a bottle deal like SOMEBODY did :dblthumb2:

Dudge
09-23-2010, 12:21 AM
seriously i walked by the isle, had to take a double take, walked away and picked up 8 bottles of megs gold glass reg. size, and 5 bottles of crystal wash or something from megs, for a buck a piece, i was super excited.

It must be a trend. A Walmart about 30 miles north just went through a remodel and they're selling 48 oz containers of Gold Class for $4. I bought 2 bottles and I'm going to check again soon and see if they keep marking it down.

encoder
09-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Big Thanks, Guys.

As for how she got it -- It was a couple months ago. This isn't the proper place but here's the gist of how she works.. it's amazing...

There are many things about coupons in a stores coupon policy that I was never aware of. For example, if a store is selling a Buy-1-Get-1 sale, you can use TWO coupons, one for each item, even though you're getting one of those items free. So in this case, (and i'm making up these numbers, as examples) suppose the armor-all is $4 each, and they have B1G1 sale. So 2 for $4. Now imagine she has 2 $2-off coupons for ArmorAll. She put 2 of the armor-alls in her cart, gave the cashier 2 coupons, and ended-up getting 2 for free.

Crazy, huh? Happens all the time. It's her hobby really and it saves me a TON. Here's another one... suppose the same sale. Now suppose you have a Manufacturer coupon that says "B1G1". So, the store has a B1G1 sale, you have a B1G1 coupon. What happens? Put two in your cart, use one of those B1G1 coupons, and you get both items, free. She does this sooo much. Even cashiers are surprised. But she keeps copies of corporate coupon policies with her and she's patient with them.

Anyway, thanks guys :)