PDA

View Full Version : How much Liquid Souveran to cover a car?

Pages : [1] 2

Silverstone
09-22-2010, 02:33 AM
I have two free ounces to try, how far will it get me? How much to cover a whole car? I never used it before.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
09-22-2010, 03:42 AM
I have two free ounces to try, how far will it get me? How much to cover a whole car? I never used it before.

Well ive never used Liquid Souveran but speaking in general terms about liquid wax...2 oz should cover a car no problem, as long as you dont go 'product happy' with it lol...When I first started, like many people, I kinda figured 'more is better'...but I tell you what, the first time you put on a thin coat of wax...and let it totally dry and THEN remove it you will wonder 'why did i ever put it on so thick before?'

With the time you save not having to remove a THICK coat of wax, you could actually wax the car a 2nd time :dblthumb2:

PAR Detailing
09-22-2010, 05:05 AM
You should be able to get 2 cars out of a sample. Now if you are doing a large Excursion or something like that maybe 2 maybe not, it just really depends.

Cliffnopus
09-22-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm looking at my 2oz sample right now and I've used (approx.) 1/4oz to completely cover my bike with two coats.

So, thin is in.

Cliff

M Gray
09-22-2010, 07:55 AM
I got the same sample. I love the stuff. It is so easy to work with. I have covered a Porsche Cayman S and a Minivan and still have some left over. You should be fine.

Silverstone
09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Oh wow that's great! I was hoping to get just one out of them.
It's going on top of WGDGPS so this should look great.

Thin is in indeed. :xyxthumbs:

ryandamartini
09-22-2010, 12:28 PM
i find using a DA buffer with a liquid or even paste wax improves the ratio of applications / tub big time.

Dubbin1
09-22-2010, 12:40 PM
i find using a DA buffer with a liquid or even paste wax improves the ratio of applications / tub big time.

I find that the pad soaks up too much product and wastes it.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
09-22-2010, 02:01 PM

Maybe depends on the pad? For me with a DA i'm able to just put a small amount on and spread it out before the pad soaks much up...plus its 10x faster than by hand...still gotta go by hand for the little areas thou.

BobbyG
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
You should be able to get 2 cars out of a sample. Now if you are doing a large Excursion or something like that maybe 2 maybe not, it just really depends.

This pretty much covers it if you're applying with a DA polisher......:laughing:

WRAPT C5Z06
09-22-2010, 07:16 PM
.plus its 10x faster than by hand
More like 20x faster. I'll never apply a wax/sealant by hand again. :D

kimandbrad21
09-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I go by hand, i have applied 3 times to a 1991 toyota corolla, and i used a yellow foam app. pad, very very thin, i kept looking at the car at an angle to make sure i was even covering the entire car, i started on the driver fender, went all the way around the car, and then buffed off by hand with 4 microfibers. this stuff is amazing. thank god for sample sizes!

ryandamartini
09-22-2010, 07:57 PM

Maybe just depends on the wax. With MaxWax or Souveran, I take the wax out of tub, rub pad and can get a whole vehicle with a nice thin layer :)

Was just giving some input, not trying to leave a snide remark. I was implying that in my experience, I tend to get more out of using a PC to wax then by hand.

Dubbin1
09-22-2010, 09:01 PM
not trying to leave a snide remark.

Didn't take it like that at all ;) To each his own :xyxthumbs:

Type[R]+
09-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I got the 2oz sample too, I coated my TSX 3 times and still got a tiny bit left.
I applied with red pad on my Megs DA.

On a side note, I don't like the stuff. Heaps of shine, but it's got no depth and glow.....