PDA

View Full Version : How’s the economy affecting the detailing industry?

My Detailing Guys
09-21-2010, 07:42 PM
I was wondering how members feel the current economy is affecting the detailing industry.

Perfections
09-21-2010, 07:46 PM
In San Antonio Tx I've been booked 2 months straight, 6 days a week, although I did drop my prices a bit to keep business coming. So not too bad so far.

trhland
09-21-2010, 08:41 PM
it seems the handwash and detail center near me is super busy.. so thats a good sign.

sullysdetailing
09-21-2010, 09:08 PM
I can be booked straight for 2 weeks then nothing but that partly because I am still in college and I am gone for hockey 2 or 3 time a month

Vjeszczi
09-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I would imagine because of the economy business would be better. People are keeping their cars, instead of buying new (or used) ones. Detailing allows their cars to look as good or better than when they got them.

Flash Gordon
09-21-2010, 09:51 PM
If I didn't watch the news, I wouldn't even be able to tell we were in a recession. It doesn't seem to be effecting the wealthy at all :dunno:

eversio
09-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Well, basic Economics states that if incomes go down (and/or unemployment goes up) then demand for services (like detailing) goes down as well. The idea is to keep marketing to households with a high enough income that they're still willing to pay for your services.

rwright
09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
I would imagine because of the economy business would be better. People are keeping their cars, instead of buying new (or used) ones. Detailing allows their cars to look as good or better than when they got them.

I was thinking the same thing! Marketing is the key.

buddhadog
09-22-2010, 02:25 PM
My business has def. been affected for the worse. Ive managed to keep most of my regular customers but the new ones have dwindled.

Several detailers in my area have gone out of business but I am surviving and paying my bills so Im not complaining!