PDA

View Full Version : Autogeek Odar bombs

bodavenport
09-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Has anyone used the odor bombs available here at Autogeek? I have a new truck that was owned by a smoker evidently, needs to go and soon too.

Meghan
09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I do not smoke so I have not used this or had a need but we get a lot of good feedback on it.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2124_31677000

Dakota Non Smoke (http://www.autogeek.net/smoke-odor-eliminator.html)

toxygene
09-21-2010, 12:58 PM
The used car I purchased this summer had a smoke smell in it so I gave a Dakota Odor bomb a shot. It was not a good experience.

Basically how it works is you press down a tab, and it locks in place to continuously spray. Along with the fog the can emitted, it also covered my seats and center console with a wet foam. On top of that, the foam hit my headliner directly above where the can was. To this day I still have a stain on the headliner despite trying to clean it several times with Woolite and upholstery cleaner. Finally, and perhaps worst of all, the smoke smell remains.

It does have a decent smell, but feels kinda harsh/nasty when you breath it in. This persists for a few days and gradually fades over time.

If you still want to try it, I would suggest you cover everything around it with thick towels. Probably though your best bet is to try multiple thorough cleanings of the whole interior, and maybe have the cabin air filter replaced (I intend to try that in the near future). Also use the search function on here to find other suggestions.

Setec Astronomy
09-21-2010, 01:34 PM
The used car I purchased this summer had a smoke smell in it so I gave a Dakota Odor bomb a shot. It was not a good experience.

Well...I have never used this kind of bomb, or de-smoked a car, but reading a bit of the description, it says it's sized for 6000 cubic feet...so I would say that blowing a full can like that in your car is at least 6 times as much as recommended. Probably would have been better to give it some spritzes rather than the whole bomb. That being said, if you've still got the odor...well, at least you wouldn't have stains.

I bought a used car years ago and it reeked of the previous owner's colgne. After many months, it dissipated, but if you opened up the glove box, etc. you'd smell it again. After several years I thought it was all aired out and I had to unscrew a panel in the console for some reason...and there was the cologne smell again! Sometimes odors really permeate everything, good luck. Oh...you guys might try an ozone generator.

Porsche Pilot
09-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I have used the Dakota Non Smoke that Megan mentioned. I have had great results with it. I also recommend Ozium. Keep using either product until the problem goes away. Dont forget to change the cabin air filter also.

ScottB
09-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I used Duragloss Odor Absorber and the Clean Air Fogger in a friends car. Worked like a charm, and he loved the results.