PDA

View Full Version : What is your absolute favorite polish to use with the ROTARY?

Avengeance
11-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I used my rotary for the first time yesterday (unexpectedly) and the polish I used was Megs #83. While it was effective I was REALLY aggitated by the amount of dusting it made. I mean it was rediculous. I have a couple other megs in my arsenal.. #84 and #85. Anyone tried those?

With that said... Im going to try new products real soon. What do you guys suggest and more importantly, WHY do you suggest them? Why do you suggest them over other brands?

On my list so far:

Optimum (OHC)
XMT #3 and #2
Menzerna PO106FF

I heard the Optimum and XMT are pretty dust free but the 106FF may be superior.

Thanks in advance!

Al-53
11-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Menzerna by far gives the best finish via Rotary....you get a mirror finish..

another good one is 3M SRC polish..it is like Menzerna..made for ceramic CC's and gives a nice finish.....XMT 2 does a nice job also....to me it is more of a PC polish more than a rotary polish..the heat from a rotary works it fast and needs a second working over

yes Menzerna does dust...I will cut it with OP sometimes..to reduce dusting...

Al

Surfer
11-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Haven't used a rotary but from what I'm seeing on other boards, seems like everyone loves the Optimum Line (especially OHC) with a rotary. I'd assume OP would be great on the rotary, really any of the stuff that allows a longer working time since the rotary can sometimes cause products to flash too quickly.

sparkie
11-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Avengeance, what kind of pads you have? I'm getting a rotary, and I don't know what kind of pads I need. Edge, LC, 3M, Megs?

Sevenrd
11-23-2006, 05:02 PM
I like using OP and adjusting the cut with different pads. A very versatile polish. It's my favorite for PC use as well.

Juztang
11-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Optimum is my go to polish now. It finishes up great with the rotary.

Avengeance
11-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Thanks guys.. appreciate the feedback.

Sparkie.. I used my LC 7.5" VC pads.. they worked great! A little big for some areas but I just had to manipulate the way I was using the rotary to get it to work. I may get some 6.5" pads soon for those situations.

sparkie
11-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Thanks guys.. appreciate the feedback.

Sparkie.. I used my LC 7.5" VC pads.. they worked great! A little big for some areas but I just had to manipulate the way I was using the rotary to get it to work. I may get some 6.5" pads soon for those situations.
That's what I'm thinking, 6.5". So you prefer LC over Edge.

heavychevy
11-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Ohc

Avengeance
11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
That's what I'm thinking, 6.5". So you prefer LC over Edge.

Well... the Edge pads that I bought for the rotary are 8"... Im honestly starting to think 8" is totally overkill. My 7.5"ers almost felt too big.

sparkie
11-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Well... the Edge pads that I bought for the rotary are 8"... Im honestly starting to think 8" is totally overkill. My 7.5"ers almost felt too big.
Thanks brother!