PDA

View Full Version : OCW Over Zaino

Sunstealer
09-20-2010, 05:27 PM
I have been a Zaino user for years, ever since I was a judge at a show and the one that won best appearance had a shine like nothing I had seen. He used Zaino of course. My daily driver full detail is clay, ZAIO, Z6, and then ZCS. I get 5-6 months of beading out of that combination if I top with Z8 ever so often after a wash.

I have read about people topping sealants like Zaino, Wolfgang, Optimum, etc with a wax and talking about how much deeper/darker the paint looked. On my last Autogeek order, I added a sample of the spray Optimum Car Wax after reading all the good stuff on here about it. I washed our G37 Sunday morning with ONR and then topped it with the sample OCW last night after the sun started down. I couldn't tell much difference last night under the lights.

Today though when I was walking back to my office from another building, I saw what people were talking about. The paint on the G37 is Athens Blue, a medium-blue metallic. It looked glossier and deeper than just the Zaino by itself, even when topped with Z8.

I am not sure how or why this works, but I am a believer now. I think Optimum is slowly starting to lure me over to their line or products. I am completely sold on ONR, looks like I will be added OCW next! Maybe Poli-Seal and Opti-Seal after that.

ScottB
09-20-2010, 06:27 PM
I think the depth and wetness of traditional waxes are often missed when using any paint sealant for awhile. Likewise after using a 'nuba wax for awhile you might find the reflection and gloss of a paint sealant rewarding.