PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for wheels...?

clearview
09-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I've used several wheal cleaners that clean the face of the rims easily. What will clean the caked on break dust that sits behind the rim or on the inside. I use a brush to get back in there to agitate but I cant get it clean. I thought of trying Amazing Roll Off but I want something that I know will work fast and effective. I know acid cleaners would probably do it but what would you guys suggest?

CEE DOG
09-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Try the ARO if you have it. If you want a wheel cleaner try

Sonax or P21S Gel

clearview
09-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't have ARO yet... I was wondering if it would do the trick? What is everyone else using to get the back of the rim clean. I notice b4 and after pics everyone love to show they can get it clean but what are they using to do it?

Speakerguy45
09-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I've used several wheal cleaners that clean the face of the rims easily. What will clean the caked on break dust that sits behind the rim or on the inside. I use a brush to get back in there to agitate but I cant get it clean. I thought of trying Amazing Roll Off but I want something that I know will work fast and effective. I know acid cleaners would probably do it but what would you guys suggest?

Try "Super Clean", you can pick it up at most stores ( Pepboys, Autozone, Walmart )
I spray it on/in the wheel and let it dwell for 20 seconds before agitating it with my wheel brush or a paint brush, it gets everything off and I've never had a problem with it hazing on the wheel, just don't let it dry.

Biodegradable too

:)

rwright
09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't have ARO yet... I was wondering if it would do the trick? What is everyone else using to get the back of the rim clean. I notice b4 and after pics everyone love to show they can get it clean but what are they using to do it?

Most are using the Daytona Speed Master wheel brush (http://www.autogeek.net/ezdebrfca.html)

clearview
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Try "Super Clean", you can pick it up at most stores ( Pepboys, Autozone, Walmart )
I spray it on/in the wheel and let it dwell for 20 seconds before agitating it with my wheel brush or a paint brush, it gets everything off and I've never had a problem with it hazing on the wheel, just don't let it dry.

Biodegradable too

:)

I've actually tried this, no luck. It did help get a good bit off but not clean. A buddy of mine used to use an acid based cleaner when he detailed at his dads car dealership and that stuff took everything off. Also put streaks in some rims if they weren't careful. I'm wondering if my only options is to remove the rim to clean it really thorough and then maintain it from there... I'll make that my last option.

SupraTurbo94
09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
If the brush etc..are not cleaning the wheels good enough while the wheels are on the car, I would really just jack up my car and pull the wheel off one side at a time. It really does make it easier to clean them.

Once you get your wheels cleaned. It's easier to maintain them that way once they are back on. I just use meguiars wheel cleaner for now. I want to pick up P21s gel.

For really tuff stuff I uses mothers wheel polish.. the polishing ball helps to make things quicker.

eversio
09-20-2010, 01:00 PM
I've had good success with DP's Cleanse All Exterior Cleaner. I have a 6 year old car and I never paid much attention to the back inside of the wheel, but going at it with that product cleaned it up pretty well. I would definitely recommend it over DP's Gel Wheel Cleaner, not nearly as powerful IMO.

matth9
09-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Daytona Wheel Brush & P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner

Make it shine!
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I use either Sonax Wheel Cleaner or Megs Wheel Brightener on all wheels with the EZ Detail brush. Both are really great cleaners and if you let either dwell for a minute and agitate with a brush the barrels of the rims come out clean. Some rims need an extra application of the wheel cleaners depending on how dirty they are. Try one of the above cleaners you will not be disappointed.

clearview
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions, I really like those wheel brushes. I pick up one from harbor freight, looks somewhat similar, but it can't hold its shape well. These look real nice. So many decisions!

ScottB
09-20-2010, 02:44 PM
upgrade to the Speed Brush and mini .... then grab some Sonax Wheel Cleaner too. It will turn blood red to show its working. If you pull wheels use some Klasse AIO on barrels to help remove dirt and protect.

Silverstone
09-20-2010, 07:59 PM
I've been using the same WGDGPS I use on the rest of the car. Sometimes with a couple coats of KSG underneath, sometimes not. They are painted CC wheels though.