PDA

View Full Version : DP Poli-coat or UPP for winter?

southpaw
09-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Need to place an order and I'm having a hard time deciding which sealant to try.
16 oz. UPP is same price as 32 oz. DP Poli right now.
Is it twice as better as far as longer lasting and overall appearance? What about hand application? Will one be easier than the other in application? Thoughts?

southpaw
09-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Heck, let's add Ultima UPGP to the mix as well. A little more cost wise but not enough to matter to me.

Thoughts and comparisons on these 3?

Dubbin1
09-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I would go with the DP.

SeaJay's
09-20-2010, 10:30 AM
I personally have only used the DP out of those and it's a great product. Goes on easy and comes off easy. Leaves a very smooth glass like finish. Top it with your favorite wax and you got yourself some great protection! Depending on where you live the durability is pretty good.

bluetsx05
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
FS UPP FTW! have been using the stuff for the past two years and it handles the harsh east coast winters great. still had protection this spring. its very easy to apply and remove, and a very little goes a loong way!

Matt S.
09-20-2010, 11:05 AM
DP is definitely going to last longer than UPP.

feslope
09-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Heck, let's add Ultima UPGP to the mix as well. A little more cost wise but not enough to matter to me.

Thoughts and comparisons on these 3?Now your'e takling. WOWA

CEE DOG
09-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Now your'e takling. WOWA

And the cost is actually less then you think per application. You use such a tiny amount. The level in your bottle will still look about the same.

southpaw
09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
I've got votes for each of the 3. Figures. :)
Still trying to decide. I'm in Wisconsin so the winters here are harsh. Lots of salt where I live out in the country.

ScottB
09-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Rejex is quite durable too .... I do however like the end look of DP.

Da Fats
09-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Dp has proven itself to Me more then a handful of times to be a pretty durable product... I'd recommend it to anyone for winter prep with the performance I've seen out if it this year. Top it with some colonies and ur good to go!:dblthumb2:

Buckskincolt
09-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Haven't done the durability test yet but I would rather work with the DP over the UPP. I like the slickness, feel and look better too!:buffing:

artofdetailing
09-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Rejex is quite durable too .... I do however like the end look of DP.

Wolfgang Paint Sealent...Pricey but delivers stunning results.

Old Tiger
09-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Now your'e takling. WOWA
IME the 12 oz is probably cheaper per app than most

artofdetailing
09-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Also keep in mind what type of cars you are working on. I live in an area with a lot of very expensive cars so most of my details are on cars with a MSRP of over 60k and its not uncommon to have a mercedes AMG in my hands. People who spend a lot of money on a car expect greater results. ITS TRUE PEOPLE!!! The reason why some products are more expensive than others has to do with the cost of the research and development. Point is this: Look at your market and decide if the investment is worth it. Dont just go to a product because it is cheaper for you. Remember these two mottos when running a business. "A HAPPY CUSTOMER IS A RETURNING CUSTOMER" "YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY"