PDA

View Full Version : RejeX for winter protection ?

IID
09-19-2010, 04:02 PM
I ordered a 16oz bottle of RejeX from AG because the item description page look like the RejeX would give me some decent protection thru the harsh Wisconsin winter that's coming up.Mind you,our WI winters last 4-6 month's.
Has anyone had any sucess with this product?
Do I have to strip the current paste wax (Adams Americana) to use the RejeX effectively?

Thanks,
Moz

NorthernVaBMW
09-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I've used Rejex for years with good results. On paint, it seems to last about 3 months depending on conditions, use of a garage, etc. 4 months of protection is certainly feasible. I usually apply a double coat a few hours apart and it is easy to apply/remove. It's a full synthetic protectant and contains no wax, so it won't stain plastic trim. And let it cure like the instructions say before taking it out into wet weather.

Optimally, Rejex should be applied to clean paint. This is a quote from their website: "While it can be applied over existing wax, the duration of protection will be reduced as the softer underlying wax degrades. There is no need to wax over RejeX—wax won't adhere to its shinier finish. RejeX will not bond to automotive products that contain silicone."

Although I do think that these petroleum based synthetics act as a mild solvent that will remove most of the old wax when you apply it (just my non-scientific experience.)

Now that I switched to Wolfgang, I mostly use Rejex on wheels to protect from brake dust. IME, wheels should be protected with full synthetics and not carnauba wax (gets sticky when hot, which isn't good for keeping brake dust off the wheels.)

IID
09-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I've used Rejex for years with good results. On paint, it seems to last about 3 months depending on conditions, use of a garage, etc. 4 months of protection is certainly feasible. I usually apply a double coat a few hours apart and it is easy to apply/remove. It's a full synthetic protectant and contains no wax, so it won't stain plastic trim. And let it cure like the instructions say before taking it out into wet weather.

Optimally, Rejex should be applied to clean paint. This is a quote from their website: "While it can be applied over existing wax, the duration of protection will be reduced as the softer underlying wax degrades. There is no need to wax over RejeX—wax won't adhere to its shinier finish. RejeX will not bond to automotive products that contain silicone."

Although I do think that these petroleum based synthetics act as a mild solvent that will remove most of the old wax when you apply it (just my non-scientific experience.)

Now that I switched to Wolfgang, I mostly use Rejex on wheels to protect from brake dust. IME, wheels should be protected with full synthetics and not carnauba wax (gets sticky when hot, which isn't good for keeping brake dust off the wheels.)

Thank You for the info :)