PDA

View Full Version : PoorBoys SSR3.0

IID
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
I have some deeper scrathes on a couple of my cars (have 4) and want to appemt to correct them.I have some PB SSR2.5 that worked VERY WELL but didn't get the deeper scratches out with it.I also have some Megs#105 that would not get them out either.
With both procucts,I taped of the section needing correcting and made several horizontal & vertical with a corded drill (Flex should be at my disposal Tuesday) and a 4" Hex Logic yellow pad.
I wanted to know if anyone has used and/or had good luck with PB SSR3.0 ?

Type[R]+
09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Just wait till you get your flex. You'll be suprised how much better a proper polisher is compared to a drill.......

IID
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM
+;357794']Just wait till you get your flex. You'll be suprised how much better a proper polisher is compared to a drill.......

I tried the drill ONLY because the PCXP would not get it done,so my next ONLY option was a drill.Granted the section I was working (correction was 1'x2') on the hood of my daily driver (2006 Chrysler 300).It seems Chryslers have a Hard clearcoat?
The drill did about 70% improvement but at certain angles,the scratch is still there.
Hopefully the FLEX XC3401 will do the trick??

Thanks for the reply:props:

Flash Gordon
09-19-2010, 06:37 PM
If there real deep nothing will get them out. Can you feel them with your fingernail?

Buckskincolt
09-19-2010, 06:49 PM
If there real deep nothing will get them out. Can you feel them with your fingernail?

:whs:Use Caution.....The Scratch may be through or very nearly through the clearcoat......You may make a much bigger problem than a scratch on a daily driver.

IID
09-19-2010, 08:53 PM

Here are a couple of different pic's of the same scratch.
No,I can't feel them with my finger nail.The pictures make it look worse than it actully is.
The second pic,look at the top light reflection to the immediant left of the bulb.

Rsurfer
09-19-2010, 09:00 PM
No,I can't feel them with my finger nail.The pictures make it look worse than it actully is.
The second pic,look at the top light reflection to the immediant left of the bulb.
Pc with an orange/yellow pad with 105 should get that scratch out. Are you applying pressure with slow arm movement?

Flash Gordon
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM

If you can't feel them, then they can be corrected :buffing:

Pc with an orange/yellow pad with 105 should get that scratch out. Are you applying pressure with slow arm movement?

:iagree:

If that doesn't cut it then some light wetsanding w/2500 grit should do it :props:

Da Fats
09-19-2010, 10:13 PM
If you can't feel them, then they can be corrected :buffing:

If that doesn't cut it then some light wetsanding w/2500 grit should do it :props:

Hmmm... wetsanding factory clear... with no PTG... and probably no experience doing it :bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt:

IID
09-19-2010, 10:27 PM

I aplied moderate pressure and slow arm movement,over lapping 50%.

Fly bye
09-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Hmmm... :bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt:

:bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt:

Fly bye
09-19-2010, 10:34 PM
I aplied moderate pressure and slow arm movement,over lapping 50%.

With a PC, I would apply a bit more than just "moderate" pressure. I you really work the scratch using the PC and it doesn't come out, try again with the flex, but excercise caution with the Flex, as it is not the same as a PC.

IID
09-19-2010, 10:53 PM
With a PC, I would apply a bit more than just "moderate" pressure. I you really work the scratch using the PC and it doesn't come out, try again with the flex, but excercise caution with the Flex, as it is not the same as a PC.

I was using moderate pressure with a drill and 4" Yellow Hex Logic pads.

Fly bye
09-19-2010, 11:17 PM
You just may have to live with it.

IID
09-19-2010, 11:26 PM
You just may have to live with it.

Yeah,thats what I was thinking.I will still be giving it a shot with the FLEX this week:buffing: