PDA

View Full Version : WG, Klasse Twins or other -- an informal poll

FloridaNative
04-12-2006, 06:46 PM
I was curious to see what opinions are out there as far as the sealants. I like the sparkle that WG gives the metallics but the Klasse twins also look nice how they make the paint glow. What do you think??:)

DS Detailer
04-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I just used Meguire's NXT Paste.

It's offered pretty decent shine, but the thing that most impressed me was the fillers, It filled minor swirls better then the glaze did. I would recomend putting a topper on it. But I will always use a layer of NXT paste for the filler properties.

ScottB
04-12-2006, 08:43 PM
WG offers a glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/finishing-glaze.html)that can be used prior to the sealant. Typically glazes are oils and fillers and sealants (WG, Klasse, UPP, Z) will not adhere properly, but this product is kinda like a final polish/chemical cleaner.

I never personally liked NXT but alot do and it comes down to personal preference. I will say that for being a synthetic wax it has about the worst durability for a sealant to date. I highly suggest using their spray wax between normal detailing sessions as needed.

As for Klasse against WG, well it comes down to a couple of issues:

durability --- Klasse twins are bulletproof for around 4-5 months. Klasse AIO last about 4 weeks on its own. WG is about 8 weeks on its own, and easily increased with new spray sealant.

looks/outcome --- WG is much warmer in appearance and takes on a bit of a glow. Klasse Twins are very reflective and slightly glossy, but really need a bit of a boost from gloss detailers. (Clearkote, 425, Sonus Spritz, UPP Gloss or even WG spray sealant) Klasse twins are almost in need of a topper of a sort IMO.

BlkTac05
04-16-2006, 08:39 AM
killrwheels hit the nail on the head. The only tidbits I can add would be to use Sonus Acrylic Glanz as a booster to the Klasse AIO/SG combo & QD with Sonus Acrylic Spritz. It freshens the look & extends the protection. As for WG, It's clearly the easier product to use in terms of ease of application/removal. WG now has a spray sealant available with also extends the protective qualities of WG. The looks of the Klasse & WG do differ just as killrwheels stated & the durability of the Klasse Twins will outlast "most" sealants on the market. Based on my experience, when using the Acrylic Glanz & Acrylic Spritz for regular maintenance, you can expect 4-6 months of quality optics & protection from Klasse. WG will provide 6-8 weeks of quality optics & protection. However, I'm one of those "detailing addicts" who just can't seem to keep my hands of my truck. Durability is never an issue with me as I only allow waxes/sealants to "live" for 4 weeks at most before I start over from scratch & re apply. ( wash & QD twice a week then seal/wax once every 4 weeks.........When I'm in "carnauba mode" I apply a layer of carnauba every 2 weeks. )
With all that being said.......Klasse AIO makes for a terrific base for any & all sealants & waxes.

cummins03
04-16-2006, 08:53 AM
I haven't used the twins, but I can say that WG layered with souveran on black has to be hard to beat.

Brace1
04-16-2006, 11:16 AM
A few months ago I used AIO followed by DP Premium Surface Shield x 2 (with 24hrs between coats). Topped with P21s.

DP sealant was really easy to use and made the surface smooth as glass. Don't really know about the durability though, since I've been boosting the p21s with OCW after almost every wash.

SVTContour
04-16-2006, 12:43 PM
WG Deep Gloss Sealant only lasts for 8 weeks!!?? I have never used it but I would think that it would last longer than that.

BritOn2wheels
04-18-2006, 06:55 AM
I've never tried the WG, but as a hobbyist with a wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, etc. etc. etc. I like the ease of use and durability of the Klasse Twins.
Sure, I would like to be out there detailing with different products every weekend, but life is life.

SVTContour
04-18-2006, 09:04 AM
The Klasse S&G interests me because of it's durability. Is application of Klasse AIO before S&G nesecarry? It seems like AIO is just a strong chemical polish that does nothing for swirl marks. I would rather wash,clay, and use my PC and polish of choice then apply Klasse S&G and maybe top it off with something for looks. Would this be recomended or is the AIO absoloutely nesecary?

ScottB
04-18-2006, 06:31 PM
The Klasse S&G interests me because of it's durability. Is application of Klasse AIO before S&G nesecarry? It seems like AIO is just a strong chemical polish that does nothing for swirl marks. I would rather wash,clay, and use my PC and polish of choice then apply Klasse S&G and maybe top it off with something for looks. Would this be recomended or is the AIO absoloutely nesecary?

In your equation you do NOT need to use AIO. That said, it is so easy to use that most "want" to use it under most sealants and carnubas. It is a very good chemical cleaner with ok acrylic protection (easily as durabile as carnuaba wax). SG is a pain to use properly, but once you get the hang of it only a spritz of gloss is needed to truly have a bulletproof finish with great looks.