PDA

View Full Version : Sealing my shower...

yeebiz
09-18-2010, 06:41 PM
I live in area with very hard water. Anyone who has ever dealt with this understands how terrible hard water is for your shower.

My entire shower is enclosed by ceramic tiles. Everything had a constant film to clean and mold would form in a very short amount of time in the grout between the tiles. I was constantly spending time to maintain my shower. Tried various different products but nothing made it much better to deal with.

A few years ago, long before I have ever heard of Autogeek, I started using a cleaner wax in my shower. Finally, I found what I was looking for. I now spent about 1/10th of the time to maintain my shower.

I figure now I will move up to a sealant for my shower. I will probably use Ultima Paint Guard Protectant because of the ease of use.

I have a question though? Is there any chemicals that are in sealants that would have negative effects on tile or grout?

Shane731
09-18-2010, 06:49 PM
You might give this stuff a whirl:

303 Shower Shield Cleaning, clean shower doors,clean shower, water spots on shower (http://www.autogeek.net/303showshiel.html)

feslope
09-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Same here. I have used it for a year with no ill effects to the tile, grout or glass.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

feslope
09-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Same here. I have used it for a year with no ill effects to the tile, grout or glass.

UPGP

yeebiz
09-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't think there would be a problem but I wanted to make sure.

ScottB
09-18-2010, 10:52 PM
dont do the floor ... trust me and my butt !!! (soap will stay above the tile and grout and make things quite interesting).

yeebiz
09-18-2010, 11:40 PM
dont do the floor ... trust me and my butt !!! (soap will stay above the tile and grout and make things quite interesting.

LOL. Duly noted. :dblthumb2: