PDA

View Full Version : turtle ice synthetic polish over nxt wax?

DjbuddyPL
09-18-2010, 06:29 PM
I just put a coat of nxt by megs on my car, i was wondering is it worth putting a coat of turtle ice synthetic polish on top of nxt?

JohnnyC
09-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Turtle wax doesn't last for me. I stat away from them.Isn't nxt synthetic too ? You should put synthetic on first then wax

BillyJack
09-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Based on my experience, I would recommend a simple solution; Do another coat of NXT. Many folks like a carnauba wax product over the sealant to enhance and warm the gloss, and that works too. In the Meguiar's line, that would be Gold Class or the #26 Yellow Wax, but in the months I've been a member of the Meguiar's forum, I've read numerous endorsements for a double coat of NXT, allowing at least a few hours for the first coat to set up.
The Meg's people do endorse a second coat, but say that the benfits of multiple coats are diminishing after the second. I recently tested the hood of my Camino in quarters. The entire panel was done in NXT. The next day I did 1/4 in Collinite 845, 1/4 in Meguiar's #26, 1/4 with Griot's "Best of Show" and 1/4 with a 2nd coat of NXT. Neither myself nor any of my co-workers could tell any difference in gloss between the quarters. Of course that's just one car, one color (dark metallic burgundy in this case), and a half-dozen sets of eyes. As the man says, your mileage may vary.

Bill