PDA

View Full Version : Should I top This?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Old Tiger
09-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Did the XLR with Optimum Spray Hyper Polish and UPGP. Im torn between topping with a nuba or another coat of UPGP> Any thoughts? I have Fuzion, Max Wax, Pinnacle Sig II, and CG pete's No. 53. If I should top, which one?

WRAPT C5Z06
09-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Can't go wrong with either. Did that answer your question? :laughing:

Old Tiger
09-17-2010, 03:25 PM
What would Mark do?

mchess1
09-17-2010, 03:38 PM

What if we don't vote? Will you split the tigermobile into 5 equal parts and let us know which works best?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Old Tiger
09-17-2010, 03:43 PM
What if we don't vote? Will you split the tigermobile into 5 equal parts and let us know which works best?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have a hard enough time remembering my name. How could I remember where I put what? Oh yeah I forgot Dodo Purple Haze.

BobbyG
09-17-2010, 03:48 PM
I'd opt for the Wolfgang Fusion........

trhland
09-17-2010, 04:03 PM
go with pinnacle.:xyxthumbs:

CEE DOG
09-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Jim, I hate to do this but have to go with m gut. Top it with another coat of UPGP. Then in a week or a few weeks if you want you can still always add a wax on top.

oldmodman
09-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Fuzion. Cause it smells best.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-17-2010, 04:42 PM
What would Mark do?
Jim, I'm not a fan of mixing and matching products, so I'd top it with another coat of UPGP.

Dubbin1
09-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Fuzion but I'm just saying that so I don't agree with Mark :D

Kurt_s
09-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Did the XLR with Optimum Spray Hyper Polish and UPGP. Im torn between topping with a nuba or another coat of UPGP> Any thoughts? I have Fuzion, Max Wax, Pinnacle Sig II, and CG pete's No. 53. If I should top, which one?

Do you like the look now?

If so, add another coat of UPGP. If you are going for a different look, you have some nice choices.

Or...

You have 5 surfaces (hood, 2 sides, roof and trunk) to try 5 different waxes if you can't make up your mind.

It would be one way to figure out if you like one wax over another with the UPGP. :laughing:

WRAPT C5Z06
09-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Fuzion but I'm just saying that so I don't agree with Mark :D
lol....:poke:

Old Tiger
09-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Jim, I hate to do this but have to go with m gut. Top it with another coat of UPGP. Then in a week or a few weeks if you want you can still always add a wax on top.
Good advice Corey, I will add another coat of UPGP this weekend. First Im gonna machine polish the Ford for the first time. It has ceramic clear so it hasnt marred much in the 3 years weve owned it. UPGP is an amazing product . I have had the 12 oz bottle for over a year and its still almost full. I like the hard candy look too. IME it works better than anything on the XLR clear bra.

Old Tiger
09-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Do you like the look now?

If so, add another coat of UPGP. If you are going for a different look, you have some nice choices.

Or...

You have 5 surfaces (hood, 2 sides, roof and trunk) to try 5 different waxes if you can't make up your mind.

It would be one way to figure out if you like one wax over another with the UPGP. :laughing:
I do like the look and will leave it be for a few weeks at least. I have tried the Fuzion and Dodo, but havent tried the others yet. One thing I know for sure is the UPGP is not a dust magnet like the nubas. It hasnt got much at all in the week in the garage. Fuzion is terrible about dust.