PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP WITH ORDER - Can't wait ANYMORE - Taking the PLUNGE !!

gandblah
11-23-2006, 03:07 AM
Folks
I've been lurking around here for months. Can't wait anymore so taking the plunge. Here's my shopping list. Please let me know if I am missing something /ordering more than required before I pull the plug later tonight:
Porter Cable 7424 Polisher Special (With 3 orange light cutting pads manufactured by Lake Country)
Orange Low Profile 5.5 Inch Pad 6 Pack: DA 5 Inch Flex Backing Plate
Dual-Action 6.5" Foam Pads: Dual Action 6.5" Yellow Cutting Pad
Dual-Action 6.5" Foam Pads: Dual Action 6.5" White Polishing Pad
Dual-Action 6.5" Foam Pads: Dual Action 6.5" Blue Finessing Pad
303 Aerospace Protectant: 303 Aerospace Protectant 16 oz
Poorboy's Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash
Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner 16 oz.
The Guzzler Waffle Weave by Cobra 16 x 24
Cobra Deluxe Combo Pack
Poorboy's SSR1 Light Abrasive Swirl Remover 16 oz.
Poorboy's SSR 2.5 Medium Super Swirl Remover 16 oz
Poorboy's Natty's Paste WaxI have a 97 Acura 3.2 TL with moderate swirls and paint defects. I already have the following:
- 2 buckets for the 2 bucket wash system
- Sheepskin mitts
- Meguiars Leather Lotion
- Mothers Cleaner Wax
- Meguiars Wheel Brush
- Mothers Clay Bar
- Meguairs QD
- Black Magic Tire Dressing
- Meguiars Scratch X

Here's my intended process:

ONCE

- Wash the car with dawn (just once to get the previous wax off)
- Clay the car
- Wash the car (Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo)
- Wipe down with The Guzzler Waffle Weave by Cobra
- Poorboys SSR2.5
- Clean with Poorboys S&W
- Poorboy SSR1
- Meguars Cleaner Wax
- Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax
- Buff off using towels from the Cobra Deluxe Combo Pack

REPEAT THE FOLLOWING EVERY 2 MONTHS WITH WASH AND QD INBETWEEN:

- Meguars Cleaner Wax via PC
- Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax via PC

TILL IT NEED POLISHING AGAIN

I am steering clear of sealants for now. I think the best use of sealants is layering. I don't have a garage so layering is gonna be tuff. Also I am pretty regular (and ebjoy doing it) about waxing my car so I don't need the durability of sealants. I hope to be waxing pretty regularly.

So please let me have your feedback on my process / or my order ASAP (for example - can I forego SSR2.5 and use Scratch X instead). I need to order this week to take advantage of free shipping on the PC / 20% off on the accessories...though it sucks since I am going to be paying shipping on the other stuff anyway. I wish I could get free shipping for everything !!http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

Z06-Goose
11-23-2006, 06:30 AM
It looks great man. I would keep the SSR2.5 since you'll have the SSR1 it makes a good combo to have. I have not seen as many good reviews on Scratch X to make me go out and buy it, but PB has always been recommended everywhere
-Goose

supercharged
11-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Folks
I've been lurking around here for months. Can't wait anymore so taking the plunge. Here's my shopping list. Please let me know if I am missing something /ordering more than required before I pull the plug later tonight:

Porter Cable 7424 Polisher Special (With 3 orange light cutting pads manufactured by Lake Country)
Orange Low Profile 5.5 Inch Pad 6 Pack: DA 5 Inch Flex Backing Plate
Dual-Action 6.5" Foam Pads: Dual Action 6.5" Yellow Cutting Pad
Dual-Action 6.5" Foam Pads: Dual Action 6.5" White Polishing Pad
Dual-Action 6.5" Foam Pads: Dual Action 6.5" Blue Finessing Pad
303 Aerospace Protectant: 303 Aerospace Protectant 16 oz
Poorboy's Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash
Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner 16 oz.
The Guzzler Waffle Weave by Cobra 16 x 24
Cobra Deluxe Combo Pack
Poorboy's SSR1 Light Abrasive Swirl Remover 16 oz.
Poorboy's SSR 2.5 Medium Super Swirl Remover 16 oz
Poorboy's Natty's Paste WaxI have a 97 Acura 3.2 TL with moderate swirls and paint defects. I already have the following:
- 2 buckets for the 2 bucket wash system
- Sheepskin mitts
- Meguiars Leather Lotion
- Mothers Cleaner Wax
- Meguiars Wheel Brush
- Mothers Clay Bar
- Meguairs QD
- Black Magic Tire Dressing
- Meguiars Scratch X

Here's my intended process:

ONCE

- Wash the car with dawn (just once to get the previous wax off)
- Clay the car
- Poorboys SSR2.5
- Clean with Poorboys S&W
- Poorboy SSR1
- Meguars Cleaner Wax
- Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax

REPEAT THE FOLLOWING EVERY 2 MONTHS WITH WASH AND QD INBETWEEN:

- Meguars Cleaner Wax via PC
- Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax via PC

TILL IT NEED POLISHING AGAIN

I am steering clear of sealants for now. I think the best use of sealants is layering. I don't have a garage so layering is gonna be tuff. Also I am pretty regular (and ebjoy doing it) about waxing my car so I don't need the durability of sealants. I hope to be waxing pretty regularly.

So please let me have your feedback on my process / or my order ASAP (for example - can I forego SSR2.5 and use Scratch X instead). I need to order this week to take advantage of free shipping on the PC / 20% off on the accessories...though it sucks since I am going to be paying shipping on the other stuff anyway. I wish I could get free shipping for everything !!http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif
I would upgrade on a shampoo. I'm really spoiled by Poorboy's.
Also you will not need cleaner wax, since you are using SSR polishes already anyway.
Everything else looks good.

sparkie
11-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Looks good, and welcome to AG. Bad swirls, get some SSR3. We are talking cutting power.

ScottB
11-23-2006, 09:20 AM
It looks great man. I would keep the SSR2.5 since you'll have the SSR1 it makes a good combo to have. I have not seen as many good reviews on Scratch X to make me go out and buy it, but PB has always been recommended everywhere
-Goose

:iagree: :iagree:

ssr 2.5 is needed !!

tod071
11-25-2006, 02:31 AM
I'm still new to this too and have both PB and XMT kits. After the XMT1, I used the carnauba glaze, then topped with Liquid Souveran.
Would adding a sealant like PB EX-P after your SSR1 and before the Natty's make a difference?

gandblah
11-25-2006, 02:54 AM
I would upgrade on a shampoo. I'm really spoiled by Poorboy's.
Also you will not need cleaner wax, since you are using SSR polishes already anyway.
Everything else looks good.

Advice taken. Megs shampoo out Super Slick and Suds in....I am splurging....living it till the wifey finds out and drowns me in all the foamy suds...Im the MAN

sparkie
11-25-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm still new to this too and have both PB and XMT kits. After the XMT1, I used the carnauba glaze, then topped with Liquid Souveran.
Would adding a sealant like PB EX-P after your SSR1 and before the Natty's make a difference?
You can't top glaze or wax with sealants, bonding problem. But you can top sealants with wax.

supercharged
11-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Advice taken. Megs shampoo out Super Slick and Suds in....I am splurging....living it till the wifey finds out and drowns me in all the foamy suds...Im the MAN
You won't regret it! You will love Poorboy's SS&S.

gandblah
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Folks
My orders come through......

I am happy about:

- I finally have the stuff I've been wanting for so long !!
- I got the freegift - Diamondite Clay n Shine and DP Spray Surface Shield (Thank you so much autogeek folks!!)

I am bummed about:

- I ordered before the GC sale
- I ordered Poorboys Spray and Gloss instead of Spray and Wipe - Never double checked my order and paid for it :(
- It's so cold outside...just waiting for a 50 degree day !!

But anyway - I am so happy tonight.........happy christmas folks....I am all set...yoooooooohooooooooooooooo!!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/gandblah/IMG_6661.jpg