PDA

View Full Version : which is the best wax for white??

Pages : [1] 2 3

slickws6
09-17-2010, 11:22 AM
i have a white car that i have gone threw with the flex an the menzerna line of products, i keep reading souvervan liguid is really the best but sum say dp max wax, an sum say pinnacle ss II, i dont wanna try them all i just want sum honest info on ur experience an what you recommend for the wet look like you can achieve on dark cars with the souveran.

loudog2
09-17-2010, 11:25 AM
You have a ton to choose from, and people will give you tons of suggestions. Liquid souveran, P21S 100%, dodo super/diamond/light, natty's, DP max. I could go on forever.

HighEndDetail
09-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Pinnacle Liq. Souveran :xyxthumbs:

Shade Tree
09-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Dodo Diamond White hard wax or Supernatural .....

BobbyG
09-17-2010, 12:23 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek!

Choose your destiny!

Car Wax - Carnauba Waxes- Pinnacle Carnauba Car waxes, P21s Concours Carnauba car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/carnauba-wax.html)

Kurt_s
09-17-2010, 01:30 PM
i have a white car that i have gone threw with the flex an the menzerna line of products, i keep reading souvervan liguid is really the best but sum say dp max wax, an sum say pinnacle ss II, i dont wanna try them all i just want sum honest info on ur experience an what you recommend for the wet look like you can achieve on dark cars with the souveran.
You have a ton of options as said before.

When you ask for the best, what qualities are important to you? What did you use on the car before? Did you like that look?

Do you want something that is very durable (don't want to wax every few weeks)?
Do you change waxes often?
Is this a garage queen, show car or daily driver?
Prefer a liquid or paste wax?
Will you garage the car at night or does it live outside 24/7?
What kind of environment will it face (desert sun, northern rain and snow, humidity, dust, ocean salt, etc.)?
Do you want a particular look?

I often hear that the brighter and cleaner look is prefered with white.
You mentioned a wet look that you see on dark cars with Souveran.
More defined reflections or a little more warmth?

Do you specifically want a wax or would you consider a sealant?
Do you plan to maintain the finish with QDs or spray waxes?
I've had Fusion on my artic white BMW for three weeks now. I like it a lot. I understand that Max Wax has a similar look. I had WG DGPS3.0 alone and topped with Optimum Car Wax (OCW) before that, and all my close friends complimented the car. Looks good, very slick,a little nuba-like shimmer, nice reflections and about the easiest to maintain finish that I've ever had.

I used a traditional carnauba wax over a finishing glaze for about 8 years before that. I also have a sample bottle of Liquid Souveran that I received on Monday but have not tried. I prefer a little glow to my paint rather than a bright, very defined mirror finish.

When beauty is in the eye of the beholder, the best is subjective...

slickws6
09-17-2010, 02:01 PM
im lookin to obtain that deep wet look like on a dark colored car, its a weekend only car, not really lookin to get 12 months of protection, cuz i usually re detail everytime i take it out, looking to get the wet deep wow look, i heard you can use soft an hard wax on top of each other just lookin for a veteran to confirm the best to order to obtain this

BobbyG
09-17-2010, 02:04 PM
White is one of those colors on a car that's very forgiving.

Last weekend I was away and as a favor did a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, while in color. I was surprised how dirty the paint was.

I gave it a thorough washing and claying then inspected the surface and it was also swirled so I started off with Meguiar's #83 paint cleaner. This really brightened up the paint.

The next step was to go over the entire car with Optimum Spray Polish on a white pad. This stuff is really amazing so I switched to a blue pad and went over it again.

The plastic trim cleaned up nicely with Poorboy's World Trim Restorer

Last step was to lay down a coat of Collinite 845 and this stuff made the white glow!

Interior was a chore so it got a good cleaning with Meguiar's APC+. Once I wiped it dry I went over it with 303 Aerospace protectant. The seats are leather so I treated them with Meguiar's M40.

I did all the glass with Meguiar's Glass Cleaner

Not too bad for free huh? :buffing:

rwright
09-17-2010, 02:36 PM
So you're not looking for maximum protection? Well there goes Duragloss #601/501, followed by Duragloss #601/105, final wipe down with Duragloss Aqua Wax.

Well with the above combo out of the picture, my vote will go to one of the two following combos:

PO85RD on a gray or blue pad, clean paint with Duragloss #501 by hand on microfiber pad, then top with Pinnacle Signature Series II, next day wipe down with Duragloss Aqua Wax

Or

PO85RD on a gray or blue pad, clean paint with Duragloss #501 by hand on microfiber pad, then top with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, next day wipe down with Duragloss Aqua Wax

On your maintenance wash, wash with Duragloss #901, rinse, spray car with Duragloss Aqua Wax, dry.

Kurt_s
09-17-2010, 05:00 PM
White is one of those colors on a car that's very forgiving.

Last weekend I was away and as a favor did a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, while in color. I was surprised how dirty the paint was.

I gave it a thorough washing and claying then inspected the surface and it was also swirled so I started off with Meguiar's #83 paint cleaner. This really brightened up the paint.

The next step was to go over the entire car with Optimum Spray Polish on a white pad. This stuff is really amazing so I switched to a blue pad and went over it again.

The plastic trim cleaned up nicely with Poorboy's World Trim Restorer

Last step was to lay down a coat of Collinite 845 and this stuff made the white glow!

Interior was a chore so it got a good cleaning with Meguiar's APC+. Once I wiped it dry I went over it with 303 Aerospace protectant. The seats are leather so I treated them with Meguiar's M40.

I did all the glass with Meguiar's Glass Cleaner

Not too bad for free huh? :buffing:

Not bad indeed!

Does the Opt Spray polish finish like a finishing polish with the blue pad?

If so, would you use the spray polish instead of PO85RD or Opt's Finish Polish for dark paint?

Thanks!

Dubbin1
09-17-2010, 05:31 PM
im lookin to obtain that deep wet look like on a dark colored car,

Its not going to happen with a white car. You can get a nice shiny wet look but not the deep wet look. Any of the waxes mentioned will achieve this.

Kurt_s
09-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Its not going to happen with a white car. You can get a nice shiny wet look but not the deep wet look. Any of the waxes mentioned will achieve this.

Dwayne,

What is the best way to maximize the wet look he wants with his white paint. Would a hand glaze like 3M Imperial, Megs Show Car or some other hand glaze help?

WRAPT C5Z06
09-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Does the Opt Spray polish finish like a finishing polish with the blue pad?

If so, would you use the spray polish instead of PO85RD or Opt's Finish Polish for dark paint?

Thanks!
85rd or Optimum Finish polish will finish noticeably better.

Dubbin1
09-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Dwayne,

What is the best way to maximize the wet look he wants with his white paint. Would a hand glaze like 3M Imperial, Megs Show Car or some other hand glaze help?

I honestly think any of the top sealants would do what he wants or spend the money on Fuzion.

yeebiz
09-17-2010, 06:40 PM
My personal favorite wax for white is: P21S Natty's Fuzuran Deep Gloss Supernatural Midnight Signature Series Liquid Paste Wax Spray 50/50.

Hope this helps. :dblthumb2: