PDA

View Full Version : Is my Sealant Gone?

Nira
09-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Hello Everyone,

How do I know if my sealant is gone?
I put on two layers last week, with proper technique and curing time. After 3 days I finished, it rained and I noticed that the water wasn't beading. Is this normal?
After 2 or 3 more times of rain, I felt the car's paint and its a bit sticky. Does this mean that all of the sealant is gone after a week? It seems a bit fast. I used PB's EX-P.

Another quick question.
I'm planning to re-wax and seal my car if it is necessary, but I would like to know if a pre-wax/sealant cleanser removes glaze too? I applied the glaze before using the sealant last week. I used PB's White Diamond.

Thank you!

ROMEO
09-17-2010, 11:15 AM
What is the point of creating a new tread on the same subject you have been getting answers for almost 3 hours???

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

Nira
09-17-2010, 11:16 AM
I dont know how to delete ]: Didnt mean to double post sorry!

Shade Tree
09-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I'll bite ........

sealant is never going to bead water like a high quality carnauba wax will. Then again, carnauba wax isn't going to give the same level of protection the sealant will. If you want water to bead then apply a quality carnauba over the sealant as a topper. The color will look deep & wet with the real protection being underneath.

The tighter the water beading the better the wax you're using.

Nira
09-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Why does the surface feel so sticky? Normally when I put a sealant on it stays smooths for at least 3 weeks

Shade Tree
09-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Why does the surface feel so sticky? Normally when I put a sealant on it stays smooths for at least 3 weeks

It shouldn't feel sticky at all ........... how was it applied, WHAT is the product?

I'm sure you're getting all of the answers to the questions I'm asking on the other thread so this thread should probably be migrated to the first one ...

Mods?