PDA

View Full Version : technical difficulties

JSR
11-22-2006, 10:36 PM
another newbee!
Have been trying to post an entry thread for weeks. Every time I log on my computer starts taking 45-60 seconds to change threads and if I try and initiate a thread it sends me into cyber Neverland til shutdown. Oddly allowed me to add on to existing threads though.
Anyway, have been.... chatting with the Cyber Goddess of the East about it and could not make anything work, something to do with my CA firewall.
Had a thought, I do.... randomly, and switched off of my AOL and just went with Internet Explorer. We are about to see if this works.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with AOL? How did fix it?

If someone can tell me how to post pictures you will get a really long dissertation of my escapades (still unsuccesful by the way) trying to get bird splat marks (we grow them tough in the West) out of the paint on my black 93 BMW 325 daily driver. I took it from a ten foot car to maybe a three.
Thank you guys for jewelling and Souveran
jsr

abrcrombe
11-22-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm confused... is this spam??

Post pictures by hosting them on a site (I use photobucket.com) and then paste the link into your post.

Surfer
11-22-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm confused... is this spam??

Post pictures by hosting them on a site (I use photobucket.com) and then paste the link into your post.I don't sense spam monkey boy:D. Not sure what made your pages load so slow but I've had a few forums once in awhile I'm on that will do that. I.E. I'll pry be taking over my buds CTS-V lease, so I was on the Cadillac forum searching for mods, and the Cadillac site goes real slow for me. I can click a page and it takes like 15-30 seconds to respond, annoying as hell. Whereas other sites like this for example, the second I click something it does what it's supposed to.

JSR
11-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks surfer, but no, its everytime and only on this forum when I am logged in. And it is actually 45-60 seconds on a broadband connection. I actually timed it to see if it was consistant. Less than 5 seconds when I am a 'guest'.I will have to play with the AOL settings but I am not sure which ones. It really does not like it when I try to initiate a post. That requires going offline completely. But it will let me post a reply like this without issue. Another of lifes little problems to be dealt with in its time.Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving

Surfer
11-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks surfer, but no, its everytime and only on this forum when I am logged in. And it is actually 45-60 seconds on a broadband connection. I actually timed it to see if it was consistant. Less than 5 seconds when I am a 'guest'.I will have to play with the AOL settings but I am not sure which ones. It really does not like it when I try to initiate a post. That requires going offline completely. But it will let me post a reply like this without issue. Another of lifes little problems to be dealt with in its time.Thanks and have a great ThanksgivingYea it's weird, and our DSL is just barely slower then the cable we used ot have before we moved. Yet only the Cadillac forum does it to me, I was just on there the other day looking for other manufacturers of headers instead of Kook for the CTS-V and each page took like 30 seconds to load, and when trying to use the search function even longer. Don't know whats up with that, as everything else I do online is fast. Doesn't matter whether I'm on Netscape, Mozilla, or IE, each goes slow on the Caddy board. Check www.CadillacForums.com and let me kow if it's fast or slow for you.

sparkie
11-23-2006, 03:18 PM
We have a few IT guys that are members of this forum, maybe they can chime in and help you out.