PDA

View Full Version : Griot's pads similar to which LC pad?

TornadoRed
09-16-2010, 06:37 PM
I bought the Griot's kit that came with one orange pad and one red pad. I'd like to stock up on some LC pads because they are smaller and cheaper (plus get a smaller backing plate of course). I'm going to be using Griot's products for now (came with the kit) which I assume can be used with the Hydro-Tech pads.
Are the Griot's pads more like the LC hydro-tech or flat pads? I'd like to stay consistent on types of pads between Griot's and LC as I learn this hobby.

Thanks

Buckskincolt
09-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I bought the Griot's kit that came with one orange pad and one red pad. I'd like to stock up on some LC pads because they are smaller and cheaper (plus get a smaller backing plate of course). I'm going to be using Griot's products for now (came with the kit) which I assume can be used with the Hydro-Tech pads.
Are the Griot's pads more like the LC hydro-tech or flat pads? I'd like to stay consistent on types of pads between Griot's and LC as I learn this hobby.

Thanks

IMO The Griots pads are very close to the LC Flat pads. FWIW I would make the change to the Hydro-Tech pads and never look back. I think the new Hydro-Tech thin pads will be awesome (But I have not used them....Yet!) Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads , hydrotech foam pads for water-based polishes, lake country foam pads, buffing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/hydrotech-low-profile-pads.html)

CEE DOG
09-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads , hydrotech foam pads for water-based polishes, lake country foam pads, buffing pads (http://www.autogeek.net/hydrotech-low-profile-pads.html)

Will they be coming out with these in 6 1/2" size?

Buckskincolt
09-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Will they be coming out with these in 6 1/2" size?

I don't know, are you thinking for the Flex? There might be a strength issue being so thin and with the power of the Flex? I guess we will find out soon enough.:confused:

VISITOR
09-16-2010, 10:27 PM
if i'm not mistaken, the griots orange foam is similar to the lake country tangerine pad...