PDA

View Full Version : I am a goofball, started polishing, didn't check weather

DonMTV
09-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey Everyone,
My car was dirty and it was sunny out and I went ahead to wash it. Then I wanted to start polishing it. I didn't realize the weather was going to change.

I finished washing and wiping down the car. Then go get my Flex and assorted pads and polishes. I started on the trunk of my 2003 Mustang Cobra. I had started with Powerfinish previously, but I had some stubborn spots so I upped the polish to Super Intensive. Starting to look good. Follow up the test spot to Super Finish, looks great. Ok, pull out my black pad and 85rd. Just as I am doing this my father drives up and says "You know it is going to rain don't you?" I say "It figures as I am polishing the car."

I complete the trunk and wing, and the dark clouds are here. I grab my things and bring them inside. Just as I get the last of my stuff in, the rain shows up. A lot of rain.

I didn't top with a sealant or wax and I know they don't like being wet.

I am guessing when I have time again to wash the car and dry it and know I have time for the sealant or wax to cure I can attack the rest of the car.

Don

SeaJay's
09-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey Everyone,
My car was dirty and it was sunny out and I went ahead to wash it. Then I wanted to start polishing it. I didn't realize the weather was going to change.

I finished washing and wiping down the car. Then go get my Flex and assorted pads and polishes. I started on the trunk of my 2003 Mustang Cobra. I had started with Powerfinish previously, but I had some stubborn spots so I upped the polish to Super Intensive. Starting to look good. Follow up the test spot to Super Finish, looks great. Ok, pull out my black pad and 85rd. Just as I am doing this my father drives up and says "You know it is going to rain don't you?" I say "It figures as I am polishing the car."

I complete the trunk and wing, and the dark clouds are here. I grab my things and bring them inside. Just as I get the last of my stuff in, the rain shows up. A lot of rain.

I didn't top with a sealant or wax and I know they don't like being wet.

I am guessing when I have time again to wash the car and dry it and know I have time for the sealant or wax to cure I can attack the rest of the car.

Don

If I recall your from MA....gotta love new england. I was actually going to attempt to wash my truck and mess around with my new PC7424, but then saw the clouds and figured I'd better not. Suppose to be nice this weekend though!:props:

DonMTV
09-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Yes, from Clinton, so good memory. I will be working all weekend. I am a server at The Outback in Leominster. Hopefully, it will be a good money weekend.

I will figure something out.

Don

Dubbin1
09-16-2010, 05:18 PM
I am a server at The Outback

Gee thanks for bringing up The Outback, now I have to go blow $60 on dinner.

BobbyG
09-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Don,

Polishing is paint correction is nothing more than a step in a detailing process. When the storm clears wash and continue. :props:

sohail99
09-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Seriously, rains are a PITA when one is in the mood of detailing!! :(

I'll be getting a proper climate controlled car home constructed soon, just so that I can polish and detail my car irrespective of what weather it is outside!

Dubbin1
09-17-2010, 12:58 AM
I'll be getting a proper climate controlled car home constructed soon, just so that I can polish and detail my car irrespective of what weather it is outside!

LOL car home :)

Speaking of car homes, this is what we have been working on all summer http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/25269-new-shop-getting-somewhere.html

sohail99
09-17-2010, 02:09 AM
^Whoa! Nice and huge!!! :D :props:

SeaJay's
09-17-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm jealous! I wish my garage was big. I have a 1 car garage on my house (which is a ranch) and the garage is so small I can't even get my Avalanche in it. Of course with all of my toys, i.e. snow blower, riding lawn mower, tools, etc I don't have much room for a car in there right now.

I'll be detailing my truck this weekend, bum knee and all! I'm finally walking again and as long as I keep my brace on I'll be good to go!

BobbyG
09-17-2010, 10:49 AM
LOL car home :)

Speaking of car homes, this is what we have been working on all summer http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/25269-new-shop-getting-somewhere.html

OK, I saw it like 6 times and that just ain't fair! That's not a garage, it's a hanger!! :props:

glenn14
09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Don,
I did watch the forcast for our area and they predicted rain Thursday night into Friday morning although I still don't see the sun. I plan on doing my car tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be nice
days. But in NE you never know a thunderstorm can come out of no where....

Glenn

SeaJay's
09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
OK, I saw it like 6 times and that just ain't fair! That's not a garage, it's a hanger!! :props:

It is a friggin hanger! That thing is huge!

sohail99
09-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I agree with it being a car hangar!! :eek:

I had something a lil' more subtle in mind for a car home!(Climate control in such a huge place will be a problem!? no?)

Dubbin1
09-17-2010, 05:00 PM
I agree with it being a car hangar!! :eek:

I had something a lil' more subtle in mind for a car home!(Climate control in such a huge place will be a problem!? no?)

No problem at all, its just money :)