PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Pair

Pages : [1] 2

Mike Burke
09-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Hello, I have used the Megs pair 105/205 and the WG Twins but was looking for something else to try. I was looking at getting a pair of Menzerna's . Would this be a good pair to try ?
Menzerna PO203s & Menzerna PO85RD
Nothing wrong with the WG Twins , I liked working with them just fine.
I didn't much like the Megs pair( other than the 205 which is a pleasure to work with)....they gave good results but the 105 is harder to work with than WG.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Mike

Mike Phillips
09-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Hello, I have used the Megs pair 105/205 and the WG Twins but was looking for something else to try.

I was looking at getting a pair of Menzerna's . Would this be a good pair to try ?

PO203 is less aggressive than Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover, not sure which direction you wanted to go...

It's a very user friendly swirl mark remover. The PO85RD has nothing but a stellar reputation with Professional Detailers and Enthusiast Detailers alike.

I didn't much like the Megs pair( other than the 205 which is a pleasure to work with)....they gave good results but the 105 is harder to work with than WG.

That's pretty much forum consensus on all the detailing forums... Wolfgang Twins are the benchmark for easy of use and guaranteed show car results.

M105 is the benchmark for an aggressive cutting compound that finishes out like a fine polish. It's drawbacks are that it has a short buffing cycle and in some environments it can be very difficult to wipe off.

It could be the overwhelming feedback over this issue supplied to Meguiar's via discussion forums will prompt them to introduce "New & Improved" M105 Ultimate Compound 2.0 at SEMA in November.

M205 is in the top tier of finishing polishes, it has a long buffing cycle and easy wipe off making it a joy to work with.

:)

Setec Astronomy
09-16-2010, 09:00 AM
It could be the overwhelming feedback over this issue supplied to Meguiar's via discussion forums will prompt them to introduce "New & Improved" M105 Ultimate Compound 2.0 at SEMA in November.

You know, I had to read that like 3 times before I realized it was speculation rather than an announcement...although I'd wager your "speculation" about Meguiar's products is pretty accurate... :p ;)

Mike Burke
09-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the reply Mike........

PO203 is less aggressive than Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover, not sure which direction you wanted to go...

I was wanting to try to replace the 105 without makeing this thread sound like another " I dislike M105" thread . Just thought there would be something that was close the the 105 cut......even though it might not work as fast....just more user friendly. But on the other hand WG is a pleasure to work with so why am I trying to find something else.....I don't know , just wondering.

Lets all hope this comes true :xyxthumbs:

Thanks Mike

BobbyG
09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Hello, I have used the Megs pair 105/205 and the WG Twins but was looking for something else to try. I was looking at getting a pair of Menzerna's . Would this be a good pair to try ?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Menzerna makes some great products and I've broken this into a 3 step recommendation.

Compound: Menzerna Power Gloss POS34A , Meguiar's M105
Medium Polish: Menzerna Power Finish PO203 , Meguiar's M205
Final Polish: Menzerna Final Polish PO85RD

nirmaljusdoit
09-16-2010, 01:11 PM

M205 is in the top tier of finishing polishes, it has a long buffing cycle and easy wipe off making it a joy to work with.

Oh gosh, my Flex kit with the Megs twins just landed :( :(

Fly bye
09-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Oh gosh, my Flex kit with the Megs twins just landed :( :(

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/smilies/scratchhead.gif

Silverstone
09-16-2010, 06:51 PM
I used the other, older Menzerna "twins" - Intensive polish and Micro polish with great results on my 8 year old car. Overall it looks like new or better after the sealant. There are still some deeper scratches but everything else is gone, with minimal paint removal.

Right around the time I got them that 203 stuff came out which is supposed to start off a bit heavier than Intensive and finish at or better than Micro. Not sure of it's a 4.5 like Micro or 5 like 85rd but it's in there. I would have bought the 203 instead if it was available, to save a whole extra step, so I say go for it. You can check the chart to see if it's rated 5 or not, if it is you don't "need" the 85rd. Though it might help with a softer pad.
I used the 85rd on my other, newer car and it was great also. Only takes out the light swirls/scratches, but leaves a real nice shine. Then you'll have it for yearly touch ups too.

BobbyG
09-16-2010, 07:02 PM
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/smilies/scratchhead.gif

I'm just as confused.........

nirmaljusdoit
09-16-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm just as confused.........

I had ordered the Flex3401 kit with the set of Megs 105 & 205, & as Mike said, Megs is bringing out an improved version of the 105 :(

Dubbin1
09-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Mike said, Megs is bringing out an improved version of the 105 :(

Don't start rumors, its not known for sure if they are reformulating it. We wont know until SEMA.

Setec Astronomy
09-16-2010, 10:37 PM
I had ordered the Flex3401 kit with the set of Megs 105 & 205, & as Mike said, Megs is bringing out an improved version of the 105 :(

That's not what he posted. That's what I THOUGHT he posted, until I reread it 3 times. What he said was "It could be the overwhelming feedback...will prompt them to introduce "New & Improved" M105 Ultimate Compound 2.0 at SEMA in November." (emphasis mine)

Sounds like simply speculation to me...although probably well-informed speculation...

Mike Burke
09-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestions and insight BobbyG.....:xyxthumbs:

& as Mike said, Megs is bringing out an improved version of the 105

I never said such a thing............:D

Rsurfer
09-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks for any suggestions,
MikeThat's a great Menz pair, but try looking into Optimum Hyper compound and polish.:xyxthumbs:

Silverstone
09-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Oops I goofed in my previous post. I thought 203 was Super Finish, not Power finish. Please disregard advice on that product.

What can I say, I'm still a noob. :(