PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most ideal drying towel?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

William D.
09-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi all,

I need to upgrade all of my microfiber towels, as the ones I have don't seem to pick up water like they should anymore (and are fairly soiled.) Which works the best for drying off a car? I don't want a massive 24x36 towel, as they are just a pain to work with, from my experiences.

I'm looking at getting some of these:

Mango Breeze Microfiber Towel, mango buffing towel, microfiber towel, detailing towel (http://www.autogeek.net/mango-breeze-microfiber-towels.html)

Good idea?

Any other input is appreciated, I don't know how long the "BOGO" sale will last, however.

Dubbin1
09-15-2010, 03:58 PM
The Guzzlers by far are the best drying towel AG sells. The Mangos are not going to make a good drying towel.

builthatch
09-15-2010, 04:02 PM
The Guzzlers by far are the best drying towel AG sells. The Mangos are not going to make a good drying towel.

16 x 24 guzzlers ftw

Kurt_s
09-15-2010, 04:26 PM
A waffle weave drying towel are generally better for drying than a plushy towel. The Guzzler is a great drying towel.

I used a water sprite for many years, which is probably the best synthetic chamois. Some think the WW MF causes less potential for swirls than the water sprite. Some think the MF will remove wax while the water sprite does not. I am not convinced one way or another having used both. In some ways, I like the water sprite because I can rinse and wring out the chamois often as I use a QD when drying easier than the WW MF towel. I can use the same towel for multiple cars without buying more large MR towels.

That being said, the Guzzler is what I use regularly.

I would not use a real chamois.

ScottB
09-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Green Guzzler indeed ... it comes in small size too.

William D.
09-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I just realized I hadn't clicked "Add to Cart" when I placed my order. CRAP!

Is there any way to contact someone and add it? I don't want to pay $24 for two towels, when I could have combined them.

CRAP!!!

Dubbin1
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
I just realized I hadn't clicked "Add to Cart" when I placed my order. CRAP!

Is there any way to contact someone and add it? I don't want to pay $24 for two towels, when I could have combined them.

CRAP!!!

Umm click on "Contact Us" at the top of the home page. Your package wont ship out until tomorrow, there is plenty of time to change it.

William D.
09-15-2010, 04:48 PM
I just dropped them a line, I hope they get it in time.

I'll try a waffle weave again, but I bought one before (not here) and it was HORRIBLE. In fact, I only used it once, then used it as a grease rag, I was so dis-satisfied with it. Hopefully this one will be better, although, I thought waffle-weaves would likely scratch the surface, whereas mega-plush ones wouldn't and would also soak up the water..?

oldmodman
09-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Guzzler.

The bigger the better. And wash them by themselves, not with ANY other towels.

Dubbin1
09-15-2010, 05:30 PM
I'll try a waffle weave again, but I bought one before (not here) and it was HORRIBLE.

If you're talking about the walmart ones or the ones from a parts store then they don't even compare to the Guzzlers.

Old Tiger
09-15-2010, 05:43 PM
IME the HD Guzzler is the best drying towel I have ever tried and its the perfect size too!

BobbyG
09-15-2010, 06:05 PM
The 16 x 24 Guzzler is the best I've found and now I have a dozen of them..:props:

Old Tiger
09-15-2010, 06:21 PM
The 16 x 24 Guzzler is the best I've found and now I have a dozen of them..:props:
Us "mature" guys realize bigger isnt better!

Finemess
09-15-2010, 06:30 PM

We're talking about towels, right. :) I just got two more on BOGO.

Buckskincolt
09-15-2010, 07:39 PM

So you are saying an "Old" Small towel is better than a Young Large towel? :D