PDA

View Full Version : Which pad to use with 205?

Bonifax
09-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi, I will try my new bottle of Megs 205 on one of my cars this weekend, my intention is to leave a flawless finish, and for what I've read in the forum the 205 is the product to use, I've always used Menz finishing polish or PB's SSR1.

My question is which pad should give me the best results with this finishing polish?, my car has very few and light swirls and I was wondering if I should use the Yellow 8006, the White LC, the Tan 9006 or the Black LC. I'm planning to use the rotary or maybe the pc? I donīt know please help!

Dubbin1
09-15-2010, 10:45 AM
A test spot is the only way to know for sure what will work best.

Y2KSVT
09-15-2010, 11:02 AM
In the short amount of time that I've been here, I've personally noticed the biggest combo for the Megs 105/205 is:

105/LC orange
205/LC white

But like Dubbin1 said, do a test spot to find out what works best for you and then repeat it over the entire car. Maybe start with an LC grey pad with 205 and work up to the white.

Good luck!

Mark

Mike Phillips
09-15-2010, 11:31 AM
My question is which pad should give me the best results with this finishing polish?, my car has very few and light swirls and I was wondering if I should use the Yellow 8006, the White LC, the Tan 9006 or the Black LC. I'm planning to use the rotary or maybe the pc? I donīt know please help!

M205 is a SMAT Product you can adjust the cut or lack thereof by changing the aggressiveness or lack of aggressiveness of the pad.

For swirl removal use a "polishing" pad.

For Jeweling of "Final Polishing" use a "finishing" pad on the rotary of the PC

This was done with M205 when it was still a "Lab Sample" given to me by the head chemist at Meguiar's.

Photo Courtesy of Meguiar's Online
http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/819/Batmobile045.jpg

Clean your pads often or switch to a clean dry pad...

Why it's important to clean your pads often... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/28755-why-s-important-clean-your-pads-often.html)

:dblthumb2:

Bonifax
09-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanx for your comments friends, I will do a test spot with a finishing pad and the PC, then I will do the same with the rotary, since my car is already in very good condition and I just want to use 205 as a real finishing polish.
As always Mike is right, the 205 uses SMAT so I think that makes it a much versatile product depending on the pad combo, I will keep you posted!