PDA

View Full Version : Best Chrome Wheel Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

scrib13
09-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Have tried a copy of differnt chrome wheel cleaners, Maguirs and Black Magic, not unhappy but looking for the best with the ease of use. Any reccomendations would be appreciated Feed back please

Dubbin1
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Honestly regular car wash soap will work just fine at cleaning chrome.

Buckskincolt
09-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Honestly regular car wash soap will work just fine at cleaning chrome.

And if you have really nasty Chrome wheels, use Amazing Roll Off.

HD F150
09-15-2010, 01:47 AM
I have used megs hot rims chrome wheel cleaner as well as the black magic. The megs is acidic I believe so it will probably work better as it is stronger. I use the black magic on my wifes trailblazer ss since its neutral in ph and the wheels are not chrome. I also have megs wheel brightener in my lineup which seems to work well on chrome also, probably just as good as the hot rims and it is cheaper.

bimmer325!
09-15-2010, 03:39 AM
There is a product out there that not too many people know about..it is called "Way 2 EZ" POLISH sold out of Thunder Racing (Baton Rouge LA) and it flat out WORKS!! The nice thing is it works on soooooo many things and leaves a protective coating ( kinda like a wax would) on anything you apply it to. Removes oxidation..water spots...acid damage..brake dust...you will NOT be disapointed.

ScottB
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Griots makes a chrome specific wheel cleaner and sold here too ! Blu-job to polish.

Dubbin1
09-15-2010, 04:38 PM
There is a product out there that not too many people know about..it is called "Way 2 EZ" POLISH sold out of Thunder Racing (Baton Rouge LA) and it flat out WORKS!! The nice thing is it works on soooooo many things and leaves a protective coating ( kinda like a wax would) on anything you apply it to. Removes oxidation..water spots...acid damage..brake dust...you will NOT be disapointed.

I would like to know how it will clean acid damaged chrome...

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Autosol metal polish.....:dblthumb2:

World-famous Autosol polish provides a brilliant gloss and long-lasting weather protection on all metals from aluminum to zinc. It removes rust and oxidation - perfect for chrome and nickel plated parts. Great for polishing fiberglass and plastics

Old Tiger
09-15-2010, 06:10 PM
I use DG 105 over DG 601 and boost with DG AW. Optimum Car Wash keeps them clean . I use ARO before reapplying the DG. I have too many wheel cleaners that I dont need. I will use the Griots next time since I have it.

Bunky
09-15-2010, 06:28 PM
I use 0000 steel wool and Mothers to get it clean the first time and then maintain with just the chrome polish. I will use spray wax on them to help cleaning. After that, normal soap works fine.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-15-2010, 06:39 PM
For chrome specific, I'd try Griot's Chrome Wheel cleaner sold here at AG.

richy
09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
If you are talking about just having a product to clean the chrome, Zep Citrus APC or their purple degreaser work great on cleaning chrome. Dilute 1:4. Collinite metal wax makes chrome look amazing.

scrib13
09-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Everyone, thanks for the info, really does not seem as if there is one or tow favorites out there. My Chrome Wheels are brand new and just want to keep them the best and easiest way possible. Thanks for the input

Dubbin1
09-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Everyone, thanks for the info, really does not seem as if there is one or tow favorites out there. My Chrome Wheels are brand new and just want to keep them the best and easiest way possible. Thanks for the input

If thats the case then get some DP Wheel Glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-wheel-glaze.html) (on sale right now) and then just regular soap and water to keep them clean.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-15-2010, 09:18 PM
If thats the case then get some DP Wheel Glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-wheel-glaze.html) (on sale right now) and then just regular soap and water to keep them clean.
Absolutely!!!