PDA

View Full Version : What to use to start with a clean slate?

AndrewBall
09-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Ok, so ive got some cars that have some heavy build up on them and instead of wasting my time with delicate shampoo's i want something to cut through the grime. This is for a work truck fleet service i take care off. So I've got few trucks to do and they are all in similar condition. They aren't looking for shine and such. just clean, protected paint.

Im assuming an APC, but what? There are so many. Ive used a diluted citrus cleaner solution in the past with great results but the local place stopped carrying it because they disappeared so im SOL. Another place local to me carries Meguiars Professional products. anything i can use from them?

Open to other suggestions. Just looking for something that would be a good whether im cleaning engines, wheel wells or removing tough build on the paint surface. I have some degreasers so im more interested in something thats safe enough for clear coat.

sohail99
09-14-2010, 09:25 AM
The perfect product for this type of grime busting wash is P21S Total Auto Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/p2totautwas.html)

I haven't used it but I've seen many detailers using it! :xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
09-14-2010, 09:27 AM
A more economical solution might be Meguiar's Body Solvent or Optimum Power Clean.

ScottB
09-14-2010, 04:52 PM
FinishKare Decon Kit ??

Old Tiger
09-14-2010, 06:04 PM
FinishKare Decon Kit ??
Killr, I dont usually disagree with you, but the FK kit is 3 step and TAW or OPC would be safe and 1 step. Just my $.02. As I recall Cobalt tried it and declared it a PITA compared to Iron Cut.

AndrewBall
09-16-2010, 10:47 PM
well i actually picked up a All purpose cleaner concentrate from a local auto body shop. they had their own ine of products and So far it was worked fantastic. Ive diluted in 1:4, 1:6 and 1:10 spray bottles for different applications. for engine and heav grime they recommend 1:4 and for interior trim 1:10. i use 1:6 for trim cleaning and door jambs. its clear coat safe as well i tested it on some of the old panels i have laying around and it did no damage. even after letting it dry on the paint. so i mixed 1:8 added water and was able to use it as a wash on the vehicles to remove any wax and oil. it worked great and gave me a squeaky clean surface to work with.

BobbyG
09-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Andy,

It looks like you have found a solution to your problem! :xyxthumbs:

Go with what works!