PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars waxes and sealants

Pages : [1] 2

Grizzly
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
What sealants and waxes from Meguiars is everyone using?

I dont see too much talk of them on the forums.

I still use the M21 and once in a while M26.

Rsurfer
09-12-2010, 11:42 PM
What sealants and waxes from Meguiars is everyone using?

I dont see too much talk of them on the forums.

I still use the M21 and once in a while M26.
Cause they are much better waxes and sealants than Meguiars. IMO:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
09-13-2010, 06:08 AM
The products I use are based on their performance. I find there are a number of products that work much better than Meguiar's. I'm not implying that I don't use any Meguiar's products because I do but your question is specific to sealers and waxes.

Make it shine!
09-13-2010, 06:35 AM
The products I use are based on their performance. I find there are a number of products that work much better than Meguiar's. I'm not implying that I don't use any Meguiar's products because I do but your question is specific to sealers and waxes.
I agree with the above statement. I used to use M21 excluseivly but I feel I get better performance from a couple of other sealants out there. I still use M16 wax, because I have about 3 cans left, and I feel that on light colored cars looking for durability it's still one of the better performing waxes available to me.
Also on another note people tend to follow the hype and trends as new products come out and therefore Megs sealants and waxes take a back seat.

Grizzly
09-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Yes, seems like they do take a back seat

Dubbin1
09-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Cause they are much better waxes and sealants than Meguiars. IMO:xyxthumbs:

There's much worse also.

Megs puts out some pretty good products but they get over shadowed by all of the online products. There are a lot of people that swear by the NXT Generation Tech Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/mg12711.html) in both liquid and paste and the #26 Hi-Tech Liquid Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/meg26hityelw.html) can hold its own to just about any liquid wax on the market.

Dr Oldz
09-13-2010, 06:49 PM
I am personally not a fan of any of their waxes or sealants........ I do think that they make some other great products tho!

tguil
09-13-2010, 07:59 PM
I have used Meguiar's waxes and sealants almost exclusively or over forty years. I have always been very satisfied with their performance. Every time I tried a "designer" product, I ended up going back to Meguiar's. Their "stuff" works.

Rsurfer
09-13-2010, 08:32 PM
There's much worse also.

Megs puts out some pretty good products but they get over shadowed by all of the online products. There are a lot of people that swear by the NXT Generation Tech Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/mg12711.html) in both liquid and paste and the #26 Hi-Tech Liquid Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/meg26hityelw.html) can hold its own to just about any liquid wax on the market.
Very true, there are much worse out there. Meg's does put out some great products, but I still perfer others waxes and sealants other than Megs.

BenSRT
09-13-2010, 09:05 PM
I use Meguiar's NXT generation and Gold class too

BillE
09-14-2010, 07:12 AM
I have used Meguiar's waxes and sealants almost exclusively or over forty years. I have always been very satisfied with their performance. Every time I tried a "designer" product, I ended up going back to Meguiar's. Their "stuff" works.

I have to concur. Undoubtedly there may be 'better' products, but after this many years I too just seem to use Meg more than others. Possibly it may be have we have just learned any 'tricks' to get the best results. Whereas, with the other brands that learning curve just didn't arrived.

Does that make sense?

Bill

stebob
09-14-2010, 07:20 AM
I also use NXT and Gold Class. I think they are a great sealant and wax. I've used some others and tell you what..I really couldn't tell a difference and they cost A LOT more. Meguiar's is priced right and can be found anywhere.

BobbyG
09-14-2010, 07:34 AM

I have to concur. Undoubtedly there may be 'better' products, but after this many years I too just seem to use Meg more than others. Possibly it may be have we have just learned any 'tricks' to get the best results. Whereas, with the other brands that learning curve just didn't arrived.

Does that make sense?

Bill

I too have been using Meguiar's product for well over 3 decades. Meguiar's is a pioneer in finish products that are too many to list here. There use and performance is an industry standard and most benchmark their products to gage their performance and effectiveness.

Many times we become accustomed to using a particular product and developed a loyalty to it. Change is not something humans deal with very well and your's truly included!

When I test a new product I've learned to be open-minded and objective. I evaluate several aspects when testing a new product and if I'm honest with myself the test conclusions will point me in the right direction.

While Meguiar's makes some outstanding products I'm not sure I can honestly say "all" of their products are the "best". This wouldn't be objective and would also be incorrect. Many products on the market today simply outperform Meguiar's products.

The "best" product in your opinion is the product that works best for you.

sohail99
09-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Currently I use NXT TechWax2.0!
I'm was really impressed with that since it was the first ever sealant I had used!

Before that I used Gold class liquid wax(Actually it came with Meguiars car care kit I got when I bought my car one year ago)

I'll be switching to DP poly-coat paint sealant next!

D_Nyholm
11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Does anyone have an estimated durability of M21? I just put some on my wifes car on one side and some Poorbooys EXP on the other to compare durability. It went on super smoothly and was very easy to take off. It also states in the description on AG's store that it has fillers and will help remove swirl marks. It only states it in the larger size bottle and not the 16 oz. bottle. Is there any truth to this? Might be a good alternative sealer on production details to help hide some of the deeper RIDS and swirls that a one step can't remove...