PDA

View Full Version : factory blemishes

FloridaNative
04-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Hi guys,
It's me again that loca from South Fla. I had a quick question about blemishes. My car came from the dealership with a couple of blemishes in the vinyl. The vinyl is a dark grey almost black color and I notice two spots where it has a considerably lighter light grey almost off white color. Fortunately the spots are small, but it seems my eyes always go right there and they bother me so much. I have tried cleaning them with soap and water. I have applying a protectant and buffing them out and they won't budge. Since I am only a novice and you guys are in the industry I thought maybe you have some tips or advice on something, if anything, I can do to get them out? Thanks again. :)
Have a great day!

Mike T
04-12-2006, 01:30 PM
ANy Pic's?

FloridaNative
04-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Do I have any pics of the spots you mean? You know. I am a technological retard and I have no idea how to put pictures on the computer. :( I barely can figure out how to even post anything on this forum! The spots are the same grain as the vinly it is just like a discoloration more than anything. I thought maybe the protectant I used my solve it since it had some cleaning ability and it also darkened the color of the vinyl slightly but it didn't affect it at all. :(

ScottB
04-12-2006, 01:35 PM
if you visit an upholstery shop they can usually dye the spot(s). Other than that, you got it down to using a protectant to make it less noticable.

Larry A
04-12-2006, 02:28 PM
iF ITS A NEW CAR TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER. tHEY SHOULD DYE IT FOR YOU FOR FREE.

FloridaNative
04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
oh really? thanks for the advice. I'll call the dealer.:)